SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to this supermoto scene but 100% into it. Looking to get a bike soon! Have a couple in mind that were posted in my last post, but for now I just want some pros/cons,reviews, and info from some 07 or newer KTM690sm owners or anything remotely close to that.

People say the bike is ugly, but I really don't see it :headscrat
Any help is appreciated as I found a great deal on one (Don't know how long it will last), but I really need some actual owner advice. If anyone else wants to chime in with their opinions on other bikes or ANYTHING PLEASE DO!

The bike is 2007 ktm 690sm with 13,000miles, the guy wants $5,500
Should I be able to talk him down or is this good. Also is this too many miles to buy used??

·
Registered
34 Posts
for that amount of miles on it and the fact its 6yrs old------ i dont see it being worth $5500, but idk these bikes very well.

it all depends on the maintenance. was this bike keeped up to date on everything? was it used on road all the time or was it also off road? is it in fact a true SM or was it converted?

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
That's a little high. My 07' 690SM has 11,000 miles, some decent mods, full Leo Vince carbon exhaust, 2 sets of plastic(black & orange), yada yada yada. If it were for sale(it's not), I would be firm at $5K or $4500 with the stock exhaust put back on. They are great bikes and have a few common issues(all bikes do). UGLY is not one of them!!!:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Due to the fact that they are not imported to US anymore they will be higher than what the actual value would be on other bikes. I personally dont like the look of the 07 but if you like it rock it. LC4 is a solid motor if it is well kept. I have 16k on mine. I paid $6000 for my 2008 ktm 690 smc with 14k with full fmf pipe and all service records and previsouly owned by a manager at a ktm dealership haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts