SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this calculator to figure out the shim size when checking valves. Someone check over my work to make sure I don't have some math mistake somewhere.

Feel free to use and distribute freely. I take no responsibility if there is a mistake and your motor blows up. :D
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19350741/690 Valve Calculator.xls

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a version that knows about the specific shim thicknesses and OEM recommended clearances. Big improvement on a spreadsheet.

TrickTracks has announced a free online valve shim calculator for KTM/Husqvarna machines (other brands may be added based on demand). The calculator recommends the correct (and available) shims automatically when you enter your current valve clearance and current shim thickness. The calculator removes many of the mistake-prone calculations and steps of choosing the "correct" shim should an existing one be out of tolerance. It also conveniently shows the recommended minimum and maximum tolerances for your machine. The calculator works on full-sized PCs/Mac as well as tablets and phones. There is written online help as well as a short "how to" video. This is a first-release so your feedback is appreciated. You can see and use the calculator here: CALCONIC_ Calculator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts