SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have about 1800 miles on the bike, and a few days ago I noticed that the bike seems a little more throaty/loud and pops a little more on decel, especially down hills. It feels like it has the same power as before though. Should I worry, or is it just the exhaust "breaking in"?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine definitely sounds throatier with some mines on it too. I also get a little popping on decel, no more than it ever has though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
popping on decel is usually ok depending on how much extra fuel it is, just as long as it doesn't backfire..

after getting the bike remapped yesterday for the akra. it now pops more on decel. which i'm assuming is a rich mixture, as it isn't cutting or dragging on decel, just as long as it doesn't backfire i'm not concerned

·
Registered
569 Posts
yup, it doesn't mean its lean, Rick is right, rich is more of a burble and won't put drag on the bike, lean will pop also and will feel more of a drag on the bike....you can do some plug checks or put it on the dyno to check the AF ratio to find out for sure if it is rich or lean....my kawasaki brute force 750 atv popped on decel, i welded a bung on the exhaust and put my Innovate AF meter on it, it was way rich on top end....I leaned it out slightly with the Power Commander and no more popping

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
remember that w/ fuel injection the ECU cuts all fuel on decel, which would lean an engine out, but the ECU also commands timing to be pulled which makes for compression/engine braking w/ no fuel or spark

·
Registered
310 Posts
mine too pops a little on decel and the exhaust seemed to get a little louder to me at about 1200 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts