SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
sweet ride, although id rather see it with the entire header wrapped instead of the partial, but hey im still jealous!! lucky fucker:thumbup:

·
Registered
196 Posts
isnt that dangerous without the chain guard and front sprocket cover not on?

·
Registered
425 Posts
isnt that dangerous without the chain guard and front sprocket cover not on?
Isn't riding in general dangerous? :lol:

But seriously, it's bad enough getting my (over-the-boot) pant leg caught on the kick starter (yeah, no e-start for me), I wouldn't wanna get caught in the sprocket.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Definatly looks better than the sheild..............but I vote for black as well

·
Registered
545 Posts
I painted my shields black . Looks great , kinda makes them seem to disappear . I'd take a pic but my camera disappeared too .

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Well, if you decide to use the black wrap (which is kinda grayish-black), there's a silicone spray you're supposed to use on it to seal it... They sell it in black and it makes the wrap a much darker shade of black...

Here it is on my R1...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like that pipe with the black wrap, looks great.

As for the chain guard and sprocket cover, I think this is the first bike I have owned that has had a chain guard and a sprocket cover. It's never been a problem in the past 20 years, so I ditched them- I like this look better. Can't wait until I get the FMF and cut the top of the airbox out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, if you decide to use the black wrap (which is kinda grayish-black), there's a silicone spray you're supposed to use on it to seal it... They sell it in black and it makes the wrap a much darker shade of black...

Here it is on my R1...

Hollywood33, Are the inserts on your paddock stand backwards? Isn't the long part is supposed to be in front of the spool so your bike is less likely to slip when you let it down? That's how mine are.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts