SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 brake side seal is leaking pretty good now. Already ran my "seal saver" device through it several times, to no avail. Anyone else had them fail?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had the same issue after a trackday recently, brake side seal started leaking.
I had someone service them both, should be good for another 10000km now :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Another potential cause of leaking fork seals is incorrect front wheel replacement. When you put the wheel back on do this... Place wheel between forks, slide axle in and tighten bolt until axle begins to spin, tighten the pinch bolts on the right side(opposite nut), set axle nut torque, loosen pinch bolts(all are loose now), replace and torque caliper, apply front brake and compress front forks a few times, now torque all pinch bolts to spec. This will align forks on axle properly.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am fairly certain it is not leaking anymore. Pg. 71 of the owners manuel covers removing the outer seals. They are kinda tough to pry down but then I ran a "seal saver", or you can you use something very thin and somewhat rigid, like 35mm negative film that everyone used to use in the old days. Run the film or seal saver between the fork tube and the seal all the way around. I had a pretty good amount of "grit". Keeping my fingers crossed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts