Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Thanks for the great write up

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks great Dave! Don't think there is a performance change.... But did it get even louder or quieter with the k and n setup ?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What fuel map are you using or did you remap with a Tuneboy or TuneECU?
im just running iot on the latest akrapovic map from my local ktm dealer

Most important of all; How does it run now?
it runs great!! its woken the top end up and it stopped the tedious top end bog where the stock air box choked it for air

Looks great Dave! Don't think there is a performance change.... But did it get even louder or quieter with the k and n setup ?
the has been a performance change as its completly free flow now and isnt restricted by the air stack in thestock air box... and as for noise it sounds awesome when the pod just whistles and that the obnoxious booming echo from the evo1 air box lid is gone im a happy camper!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
What about a heat shield to limit the heat from the motor.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i didnt make one for it as there is a good space between the pod and the engine and its at the back of the engine, as there is a good lot of airflow going through there as its pretty open at the front.....

would you think it would be beneficial to make on for it ELRWFO?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Well you always read about COLD air induction. I use mine at the track hauling ass so air flow should be good. I also have the vortex ecu, so I'm going to richen up the fuel trims a touch since more air intake is happening.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's is true.... Cold air induction is the best, maybe I should fabricate a heat sheild for it and see a before and after dyno run

I've been thinking loads about the vortex ice and I think I may pull the trigger on one if I can get the thought of another throttle body and ecu from a different bike lol

What air induction system are you running on your bike ELRWFO?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
HAHAHHA, just today I pulled my airbox and have already ordered the filter. I was running a k&n with the filter cover cut open. I increased my lo,mid and high fuel trims 10% in anticipation of more air.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh sweet... I'm really stoked to see how this induction setup runs with your vortex ecu

how much can you adjust the fueling on the vortex?

·
Registered
859 Posts
HAHAHHA, just today I pulled my airbox and have already ordered the filter. I was running a k&n with the filter cover cut open. I increased my lo,mid and high fuel trims 10% in anticipation of more air.
10% seems pretty high IMO. Did u get the update with the softer low throttle yet?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Intune, I contacted Richard and he forwarded the info to add the low end mapping to MT Racing. I have not sent mine in yet as I've been racing alot. Also I was off on my numbers that I'm adding. I'm starting at 2.5% to all three trims and taking it from there.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here is my setup. I had it dynoed with tuneboy. with the longer air intake i get more mid range power. i dynoed mine with the stock air boxeith the lid off and this setup. we saw a nice of difference in mid range power with this setup. i wrapped the bottom of the heat sheild with DEI gold tape. i think hp was around 62. not bad just for exhaust and air box mod. oh yea i am running an akra pipe with no baffle. i am thinkingabout trying a 4inch filter though

Attachments

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks awesome terra!! What's thebdetails on the pipe you got there? Like length and pipe bend angle? And the internal diameter

And what did you do wit the maf??

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Looks as the MAF is installed on the underside of the metal bell tube. How about ziptie the MAF directly to the pod filter. Even better, drill a small hole in the rubber sleeve on the pod housing,insert the probe,no pun intended:bannana: and secure it with zipties.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hunk I'm gonna do a dyne test on the two options.... I'm gonna sink it into the pods rubber hose and leave it where it is and see what's better... I'm sure it'll run better with it inside it as itll register more air going in and add more fuel thus uppin the power..... Hopefully? Wadda ya think ELRWFO?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Already popped mine in the rubber intake sleeve. But not racing for two more weeks:[

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Already popped mine in the rubber intake sleeve. But not racing for two more weeks:[
Throw up a pic of what you've done! :)

can't you test ride the bike before the race?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts