SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are any dealers discounting these?my local dealer wants full msrp 8998 i think,plus 995 shipping plus dealer setup 495 plus tax,licence and doc fees 1025,by the time you put on a pipe the bike is over 12 thousand dollars.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
This isn't by chance a certain dealer in CT is it? Sounds like the kind of crap my local KTM dealer tries to pull.

·
Registered
546 Posts
those are all bull shit charges. you should be paying about 10k or so OTD.
My total was just a tad over 10K after taxes, registration, and all that jazz...

They charged me MSRP, they shouldn't be charging more than that, and I see no reason why they would (though I'm sure some may) charge less than MSRP...

·
Registered
599 Posts
they should not charge more than msrp.

shipping for me is $215, setup is $200

·
Registered
569 Posts
yeah, unfortunate part is these are limited and some dealers are screw jobs, i paid $9600 OTD....

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Actual shipping charges on KTM streetbikes is $225 I beleive. Set-up by the pimple faced $8/ hr kid should cost no more than $60. I've received bikes in crates before and don't let them tell you it's hard to assemble them.

The dealer profit on the bike is probably $1400 or so but they only have a few bikes they can make $ on to afford to stay in business so that is not "unfair".

Registation, etc they can't help. That $ goes to the state.

Any additional costs they add you end up paying more sales tax on so that is another reason you need to avoid it.

I paid $9742 OTD for mine. Not a great deal but no one was sticking it to me either. That dealer is trying to stick it to you IMO and I'd tell them to get bent. Unfortunately these bikes are rare so it's not like a car where you can just go find a good deal elsewhere. They are in demand.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
mine was 9600 out the door. just waiting for it still:rant:
I am waiting for mine also. Where are you located? I am starting to think that there are different "levels" of dealerships with pecking orders as to who gets what bikes, when.

btw, I am just north of Atlanta, GA

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
KTM recently told dealers they are no longer allowed to sell bikes in crates. Too many consumers calling corporate and complaining about how to set up the bike after assembly.

It is not so much there is a different "pecking" order... when dealers go to the dealer convention they order bikes and equipment they want, but KTM fills orders based on prior sales history. My local dealer here only ordered ONE (1) 690 an enduro. Now after some calls they are trying to get a SMC for certain buyers. When I spoke with the owner he stated " that supermoto type bikes never really took off here" WTF?? No wonder he is a politician and still has head his in the sand. I have owned 3 KTM factory Sumo's now and all three have had to be purchased from out of the area because they continue to push and force upon customers a second hand line. Too bad he is missing the boat.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wow the dealership is trying to stick it to you. I've never paid MSO on anything I've owned. When I was in CA over the winter I was shocked at how much they get for thier bikes. They get MSO plus a bunch of money for other crap. I could buy a bike in MN and ship it to CA and still would be money ahead.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
It is not so much there is a different "pecking" order... when dealers go to the dealer convention they order bikes and equipment they want, but KTM fills orders based on prior sales history...
But that creates a "pecking order" amongst dealers. I just happened to find a new'sh KTM-only dealer who knows the ins and outs w/ KTM from their previous KTM dealership, but that is the only explanation as to why my SMC hasn't shown up yet. I placed the order in March and have yet to receive a shipment notification.

Now, that being said, my dealer has gone above and beyond as far as leg-work goes, but I believe they are even in the dark on this one.

That particular order included (3) 690 Enduros and my (1) 690 SMC

·
Registered
599 Posts
But that creates a "pecking order" amongst dealers. I just happened to find a new'sh KTM-only dealer who knows the ins and outs w/ KTM from their previous KTM dealership, but that is the only explanation as to why my SMC hasn't shown up yet. I placed the order in March and have yet to receive a shipment notification.

Now, that being said, my dealer has gone above and beyond as far as leg-work goes, but I believe they are even in the dark on this one.

That particular order included (3) 690 Enduros and my (1) 690 SMC
I was told by my dealer that they can never track the shipment. I even called KTM HQ and talked to customer serivce. all they can tell me is the date it was shipped.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I was told by my dealer that they can never track the shipment. I even called KTM HQ and talked to customer serivce. all they can tell me is the date it was shipped.
That point was never in question though. I am unsure as to how ( and in what order )KTM alots the bikes to each dealer. Obviously it isn't the date the orders were placed, but my idea is that the higher-volume dealers get their shipments first as sort of a reward for being a higher-volume dealer in the first place.

·
Registered
569 Posts
remember, so far, there are only approx. 350 SMC's that were brought in to the company and 700 690 enduro's

1 - 20 of 48 Posts