SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I just picked up our bikes, his an 08 mine 2010. We both have a hek of a time getting the gas cap unlocked and locked, any thoughts??

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you mean its hard to turn the key to open it then yes mine is the same. It's getting better the more I use it though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just wondering if everyone had this problem and I guess they do?? My buddies bike is the same make but an 2008 and he has already bent the key! Must be some type of mod, lube or aftermarket set up that still locks...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
The gas cap will pretty much stay that way , mine still does and I have had it replaced before but that was because it was leaking . They will always leak until you go with a after market twist on . Your cap probably feels like its going to bust the key off at anytime , but mine has never broke . I'm just used to it is all .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah looks like most of them are the same eh. Having said that though, my local KTM dealer had a ride day a few months back (kind of a traveling circus around the country with all the current models to ride) I took the 2010 SMC for a fang to compare it with my 2010 SMC and when we filled it before the ride I noted that the cap was very eazy to open compared to mine. I'm pleased to say though that my bike went heaps better than the test mule. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
dry graphite spray works well to lube lock cylinders

1 - 7 of 7 Posts