SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I posted a thread on here a while back asking for help choosing a bike and months later I think I've finally settled but I have a few questions about the bike. I've settled on the 2013 690 enduro r to be converted. I have most everything down for the conversion so far. My questions are about problems. What are some of the known problems with them? I'm especially worried about the self supporting plastic subframe. See my girlfriend is gonna want to tag along sometimes and the last thing I want it for the sub frame to break and dump her in the road at fifty mph. So is it safe to ride two up on it? If its not it completly turns me away from the bike. And if its not strong enough stock what can I DO to guarantee her safety aftermarket? Its not gonna be happening every other day but it will be pretty often probably. I know it has passenger pegs so I don't see why it wouldn't come safe but from what I've read I'm not so sure. And another question, who should I go to in the new England area who can remap the bike the right way? And where is a good place to get parts for it? I'm gonna get oem sumo wheels and tires but for upgrading the tail lights, mirrors, exhaust,seat,and stuff like that where should I go? And are there any other things that should be done to bullet proof the bike even more? Thanks guys

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haven't had problems With my 09 690ER (also converted to SMC) subframe.

But know the bushings can wear out and brake so you might want to invest in these or similar:

http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk...e-upgrades/ktm-690-lower-tank-bolt-repair-kit
http://www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk...upgrades/ktm-690-subframe-tank-mounting-bolts

Not really had any issues with my bike but don't ride with passenger, normally don't even have the passenger pegs mounted but ideally I would want a bit more powerful bike for 2 up.

Planning for full conversion with brakes and dampers or just wheels?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 2013 690 converted to SM

No problems except the big smile it puts on my face.. The bolts do wear out just a matter of time. But if you change to the RR bolts you'll be fine. They break from people loading up a bunch of gear on racks then go off-road.

Bike is a blast to ride

1 - 3 of 3 Posts