SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I find sliders for a 65 KTM? Pegs and axels, who has the best set up? What is out there home made that works well, etc.?

Thanks...

·
The Mod Squad
2,613 Posts
The 65sx has solid axles. So the typ big bike type set-up won't work. Usually guys drill and tap holes in the swingarm to run axle sliders on bolts. On the front one side of the axle is hollow, you could figure out something there. The otherside you would have to do a metric threaded rod with a nut to replace the bolt. Then with the extra thread/rod length, slip on a slider and lock nut.

Anypeg sliders could be made to work. ( I cut up some old knee sliders )

No one I know of makes kits for the 65sx.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what I did...

I mounted the front sliders on top of the fork guard on the side in the same hole as the guard mounts. Used a longer bolt. I'm afraid it might snap off but I think I could get it out (ez-out).

On the back I got a piece of aluminum block 1/2" x 2 3/4" the width of the chain adjuster and drilled a 1" hole partially through the block, leaving 3/16" so the axle would be long enough still. Then I drilled the axle hole all the way through, so I could get a socket over the axle bolts. I left the material all around the 1" hole for strenth and I have a drill press and not a machine shop! Then I tapped a 3/8" thread behind the axle to mount a slider. Doesn't look like much but it gets me through tech! I may grind it round in the back for show.

You can buy a boring bit that is meant for wood for $11 that bores a hole with a flat bottom. I forget what it is called but Home Depot has one. It allows a 19mm socket with a 3/8 drive. (thinnner walls on socket, 1/2" drive 19mm won't fit)

Your tool is spent after using it on aluminum but it is a cheap project considering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts