SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first ktm, a 2005 625 smc with 700 miles :) I love the bike, just had a blast in the malibu canyons. <any ktm clubs in socal?>
Thinking about getting a new set of black <or other color> plastics but have had a hard time finding them on the net. Also has anyone tried the corbin or ktm comfort seat? Im also thinking about doing some things to increase the power such as an akrapovic exhaust and jet. Have you guys seen a good power increase? I believe the bike has already been de restricted. What is a good price for exhaust? Is the akrapovic the only one available? Thanks guys for any info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
OEM Black Replacement Plastics :

Headlight mask #503 08 001 000 30 $21.90
Front Fender # 503 08 010 200 30 $23.00
Rear one-piece fender # 586 08 014 000 30 $75.04
Left side tank shroud # 584 08 050 000 30 $116.00 (yikes!!)
Right side tank shroud # 584 08 051 000 30 $116.00 (double yikes!!)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info. wow ridiculously expensive! oh well probably will end up shelling it out eventually. now for some black rims.....lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have done the corbin seat and it was shit tons better than the stocker, but not good enough for a long ride like 150+ miles. im going to try and have some gel added to it, then it should be really sweet. i really like the ride height change, about 2in lower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 in lower sounds cool... I bet that would change the handling of the bike a bit. Im curious if anyone has compared the corbin to the ktm optional seats :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
I left the shrouds - it needed some orange to offset the black:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
aces anugal said:
I left the shrouds - it needed some orange to offset the black:

Well done :thumbup:

I like the offset of colors, plus you still display the KTM trademark orange :D

I am hoping to join the ranks of smc owners soon. I'll admit I do have a nagging interest in the Husky 610, but I am sure that my long time lust for the lc4 engined gem will prevail :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
[/IMG]
moded 04 sub frame,05 plastics,moded 04 std silencer and Ti undertray(my own work)
:D :thumbup: :bowdown: I've moded an 04 Akrapovic to fit but still waiting for a K&n filter!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like the husky 610 strongly considered it. i like the bigger gas tank and 6th gear. i found a good deal on my 625 smc with only 700 miles and i didnt have enough cash to get the husky, and i didnt want to finance the additional 1500 or so. I also like the aftermarket support, dual pipes, proven reliability and dealer support. But if i were buying both new i would be hard pressed paying the additional money for the ktm.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah, once you go black???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am gonna try and do ALL Carbon and will post pics as soon as I get em! I own a 2005 SMC625 and love every bit of it. Except the seat! OUCH

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you have a source for carbon fiber panels for the SMC? Also, for those of you with the rotor with the orange anodized carrier, did you just epoxy a magnet on there for the speedo pickup? :hmmm:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
TommyA said:
Do you have a source for carbon fiber panels for the SMC? Also, for those of you with the rotor with the orange anodized carrier, did you just epoxy a magnet on there for the speedo pickup? :hmmm:
there's already a hole for the pick up magnet

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the answers! :thumbup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow, the CF parts are pricey. Mooner, how long have you had your CF parts? How are they holding up? I've seen some CF that seems to get damaged from the sun. Almost like it gets dried out and starts to fade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts