SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately ive been looking at the Ktm 625 Smc, found a very good deal on a 05 model (I think, it might be an 04 model?) But i'm a noob with carbs and ive heard that the 625 comes stock with the BST 40 Carb just like the 640 LC4 04-05 model!

Problem #1: I don't know what either the BST 40 or the keihin FCR 41 look like!
Problem #2: I'm not sure i got it right about the BST 40 being the 625's stock Carb!

Could really use some help and/or any additional info :headscrat

Thanks

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh yea and the bst40 is a mikuni and the fcr 41 is a keihin. on the flat side parts of the slide or somewhere visible to the exterior it will usually say mikuni or keihin on it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In the US at least, all of the 625SMC from '04-06 came w/ Keihin FCR41MX flat-slider carb; looks like the one in the pic to me. The easy way to tell the difference between the FCR and the BST (other than a twist of the educated wrist:D) is that the BST has the round, flat-domed black plastic cap on the top, while the FCR's is a metal oblong sorta shape.

Also, you can easily tell the difference between the '04 625SMC and '05-06 (again, at least in the US) because the '04 has a single muffler rather than dual.

Hope that helps-- now BUY that thing and post pics:thumbup:!

Bryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In the US at least, all of the 625SMC from '04-06 came w/ Keihin FCR41MX flat-slider carb; looks like the one in the pic to me. The easy way to tell the difference between the FCR and the BST (other than a twist of the educated wrist:D) is that the BST has the round, flat-domed black plastic cap on the top, while the FCR's is a metal oblong sorta shape.

Also, you can easily tell the difference between the '04 625SMC and '05-06 (again, at least in the US) because the '04 has a single muffler rather than dual.

Hope that helps-- now BUY that thing and post pics:thumbup:!

Bryan
Oh man did I get it wrong or what?:clap::rofl:
I did end up figuring it was an 04 model, it does only have one muffler!
And i did see an ad for an 05 model with less miles on it for about the same price :hmmm:

Guess i'll have to check them both out, but they are basically the same aren't they?
A few changes like the exhaust, the 04 model looks a little bigger (wierd bulk like looking, like the 640 lc4)

:headshake Got to educate myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Guess i'll have to check them both out, but they are basically the same aren't they?
A few changes like the exhaust, the 04 model looks a little bigger (wierd bulk like looking, like the 640 lc4)...

Yeah, the '04 has pretty close to the same rear end as the 640 LC4. Some folks have "lightened up" the looks of the rear by trimming the fender, replacing the tail-light and removing the tag holder/mudguard.

Main diff's that I can think of between '04 and '05/'06-- instrument cluster, airbox, seat, subframe, rear fender, side-covers, and mufflers. I think the swingarms were different, but interchangeable-- could be wrong there (or anywhere, for that matter).

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts