SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time for a new battery. When I hit the start, it just makes a "click" noise from the tail section. It started right up by kickstarting.

Is there an easy way to verify this battery is done?

What battery are you using in your 625 smc? I've got a 2006.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
[QUOTE

is there an easy way to verify this battery is done?

.[/QUOTE]

With truck batteries, I've just taken them to Pep Boys... You need to put the battery on the charger and top it off, then take it in. They will be able to perform a stress test on it.

How many miles do you have on your smc? I have 16k and I have not gone through a battery yet.. I wonder how much longer I got before she goes....

·
Registered
106 Posts
To check the battery check the voltage with the key "on" If dead it will read 8-10v. Then start the bike "kick or jump start". Check the voltage now. If you're not reading around 13-15 volts at around 3k rpm its the stator. If you read a nice healthy voltage when running it's the battery. There are some exceptions to this, but this works 99% of the time. Other problems could be with wiring (ground short) or relays or switches. Most likely the battery though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Check the output from your stator (RHS of the engine). If the motor isn't juicing the battery, then the battery will never get charged.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts