SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a easy to start bike and couldnt care less about power. i have a 96 rxc620 with a delorto that i cant kick start but can bump start by being towed. carb is clean and it gets spark and fuel.... any carb suggestions would help

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just picked up a 97 620RXC. The 97 is the first year I belive with the electric start. My bike came with the Edlebrock carb, not running. I thru on a 41mm Keihin FCR from a 560SM.
I never ran the bike with the stock carb. The FCR runs AWESOME!
I have yet to try to kickstart it with the new carb.
Converting to a FCR will require new throttle cables and housing. The gas line comes into the carb on the other side of the bike(oppisete the petcock) I had to run a big U just in front of the rear shock.
My bike came with a full superetrapp system and I had clearence issues with the aftermarket headers and the carb. I put the stock headers on and solved the problem.
I belive the stock headers are shaped different on the E-start bikes to fit around the starter.
A bike like yours should have NO clearance issues with a FCR.
The FCR swap seems to be the most common mod to the 620rxc's.Do a bit more searching, there are a bunch of people who have done it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Im looking to buy a 96 620RXC have you had any major problems with bike or anything to look out for thanks and sorry for threadjack
Listen for bearing noise in the engine when running. If people don't change the oil frequently enough in these, the engine bearings go south. I know from experience, bought one with a dubious past that left me with a pile of parts I've been meaning to post for sale on ADVrider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts