SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost a year time of reading and searching for info about the SM world, finally bought my KTM 525 last December. It was quite beated up but, since the whole idea was to give it a full makeover, it was an advantage because it got me a lower price.
Here's what I've done to it...

When I got it...

Dismanteling...

Goodies...
Motomaster clamp and 320mm brake disc

New rear brake disc

Dual compound 45T rear sprocket and some more stuff

Carburetor and radiator hoses

Chain adjusters

Footpegs

Brembo brake and clutch master cylinders

Work done...

Right now it's at my mechanic to get the electrical part done so I'll have to wait another week to get it...

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Is this a SMR or one someone built up? I ask because I never seen a factory stock SMR without billet 18/20mm triples. And you have the much sought after cush drive too... nice addition, and an extra the SMR never came with. Nice build though.... looks like your having a great time with it! Just wondering....... out loud.

I know of some extra SMR Suspension that is avail.... factory 06 stuff, in great shape, and they are Black.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Is this a SMR or one someone built up? I ask because I never seen a factory stock SMR without billet 18/20mm triples. And you have the much sought after cush drive too... nice addition, and an extra the SMR never came with. Nice build though.... looks like your having a great time with it! Just wondering....... out loud.

I know of some extra SMR Suspension that is avail.... factory 06 stuff, in great shape, and they are Black.

I bought it as an EXC... maybe here in Europe certain things came different

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll leave you guys two pictures of my other pride and joy...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing special going on... the mechanic was swamped with work so he'll only start on my bike this monday... In the meanwhile, these turned out nice....

It had a white spring...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BTW, can anyone tell me if the chain guide from the 530 will fit my 525? This part...

instead of this one

Will the holes distances match?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful build you have going on! Also love the R1, Thats my favorite body style for them.:clap:
Thanks...

Looking at the pictures I've posted, I've also realized that I've mounted the front brake disc the other way around.... Probably been drinking...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SOMEONE. PLEASE. STOP ME.

my latest deal...

so this is my garage now... my wife's not happy...

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I didn't even know I had a brother in Portugal. Weirdo is the only language I speak, old dirt bikes stripped bare and made new again is good for the soul and I have a secret R1 fetish as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't even know I had a brother in Portugal. Weirdo is the only language I speak, old dirt bikes stripped bare and made new again is good for the soul and I have a secret R1 fetish as well.

eheheheheheh LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just noticed a major thing... Can someone help?

When I bought the Brembo clutch master cylinder I didn't noticed that the original Magura one worked with mineral oil (I had both brake and clutch M/C's disassembled and mixed them up). Now the Brembo works with DOT4 oil but the clutch secundary master cylinder still works with mineral oil.

Does anyone know what kind of harm can come from here?

I think that the only problem could be related to any o-ring that couild be present in the secundary master cylinder....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Oring will be dipping oil... Kba-pro could tell you closer how to solve this. May be just chnaging original magura secondary cilinder oring can solve headache.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
after research I've found out that the 07 525 models already came with brembo clutch wich recomended dot 4 oil.
what if I just buy a brembo secondary clutch cylinder? Will it be compatible? Another way of doing it would be changing the secondary clutch cylinder o-ring's with ones that tolerate dot4 oil.... But where do I find that?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts