SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the KTM 505 and wondering if I should get the SX or the XC-F. I will be racing it in AMA Supermoto, and just need to know if the XC-F is near the same motor as the SX. I know the SX is 4 speed and the XC-F is 5 speed. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. I know I can shed the extra weight of the XC-F pretty easy. It weighs in at 238 and the SX is 229.

Input is appreciated.:thumbup:

·
Registered
310 Posts
well there is motor differences, but to convert to the 5 speed you need the entire transmisson, unlike the old rfs motors that are easily converted to 6 speeds. comes to a little over 1k in parts suposedly

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not looking really into switching the SX tranny. If the XC-F is competitive then I can run it. But if the motor is not competitive then I will just run the 4 speed SX. I know SupermotoRacer did a test on the 450 XC-F and said it was powerful. I just wonder if it is competitive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
505 Xc-f

Go with the XC-F I know I have the 505 SX-F amd it needs 5th gear in some situations I here a bunch of guys are converting the XC-Fs to SM I wish I waited and got the 2008 XC-F but I jumped on the 2007 SX-F planning to get the 2008 505 XC-F soon.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149817&page=43&highlight=salvador

I'm not looking really into switching the SX tranny. If the XC-F is competitive then I can run it. But if the motor is not competitive then I will just run the 4 speed SX. I know SupermotoRacer did a test on the 450 XC-F and said it was powerful. I just wonder if it is competitive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the 08 505XCF. Excellent power. noticeably stroner then the 450XCF in low and mid rpms. Should be good for 53+HP stock. Very similar to the 505SXF

Cheers,

William
Santa Cruz, Ca

1 - 5 of 5 Posts