SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
DAAAAAMMM, that looks Clean, love the tire tread. I'm personally not a fan of dual exhausts on any bike, still one of the best looking KTM's i have ever seen!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Extremely nice bike!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
skidplate

P3 made the skid plate but I had it made half as thick. I just didn't need the bashing protection a off roader would need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
swingarm

The swingarm is the stock one, but has been machined to be 15mm shorter. With the gearing that is on it right now it's about as short as it can be.
The triple clamps are also the Xtrig with a much reduced offset running them at 14mm. Much less than stock. The suspension has been shortened 20mm front and rear and revalved the same as a SMR. Handling is excellent but I never rode it with a mx setup at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The swingarm is the stock one, but has been machined to be 15mm shorter. With the gearing that is on it right now it's about as short as it can be.
The triple clamps are also the Xtrig with a much reduced offset running them at 14mm. Much less than stock. The suspension has been shortened 20mm front and rear and revalved the same as a SMR. Handling is excellent but I never rode it with a mx setup at all.
That's awesome. Could you please post a close up shot of the machining on the swingarm? I have been thinking about shortening mine. I like the gold cam cover too, looks trick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When you buy a shorter swing arm i think it comes with a new link too. Did you add anything like that to yours?

If you get the chance you should get some details up of what you actually did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Swing arm

All that was done is the axle slot machined 15mm more forward. Also had to machine the face of the axle adjusters. The take a few mm off the adjuster and nut to fit in between. As for the I have the stock link just polished while apart. Most other links lower the rear end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
All that was done is the axle slot machined 15mm more forward. Also had to machine the face of the axle adjusters. The take a few mm off the adjuster and nut to fit in between. As for the I have the stock link just polished while apart. Most other links lower the rear end.
Thats an interesting way to do it. I have seen people cut and weld their swing arm before but never just machine out the axle hole

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I was looking at mine and wondering if it could be done that way. Did you have to modify the rear brake caliper bracket at all? Didn't look to me like it would be able to slide far enough forward.

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts
what gearing are you running anyway? I did similar mods to the swingarm of my 2011 sxf only to find out I couldn't move the wheel far enough forward with the gearing I ran, gains were minimal. thought about going a tooth down on the rear but never came to it since I sold the bike shortly after.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gearing

Right now it has 14-48 but our local track is fairly tight, but still provides plenty of speed.
The rear wheel with that gearing is almost all the way forward , but I can't ever see running much lower gearing.
The rear brake holder is fine but won't really be able to go much more forward. I think I'm at the limit for shortening the stock swingarm.
Aftermarket would be the next step.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts