SuperMoto Junkie banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
been looking for a good set of wheels cheap and then these popped up, so had to have them, there going to look sweet on the 380, bargain as well complete with braking wavy front and rear disks!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Wow, Very nice.

You better google zoopseal

That polished alum will fade quick. Ask me how I know.

Taking the casting ridges of the triples is awesome too. Good work.

cheers, I have found if you polish up something good and get a deep shine, then fading takes ages, also matters where you keep your bike mines kept in a warmish garage so that helps

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
rad pipes and electrics now fitted, also just restored the stock pegs as well, saved me a few quid there

im waiting for my 2005 subframe and airbox which i'll be fitting for a sweeter looking back end

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Man that thing is looking factory fresh!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Haha. Nice, i just bought a kit like the one yo u posted, gonna give it a shot. Just need something with enough RPM on it you sandthis stuff first?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Haha. Nice, i just bought a kit like the one yo u posted, gonna give it a shot. Just need something with enough RPM on it you sandthis stuff first?

did you buy the polishing wheels or a bench grinder as well, you can use a standard drill with the right attachment

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
ktm 380 supermoto update - rear end

Hey guys been busy sorting the back end on my 380 last week, got the rear fitted ok and the 5" rim just went in there, i added a 05 125 sx subframe and rear mudguard, i have to have an extra piece welded on the right side as its a tad to short, and i need to get a new seat as the stock one sat way to high on back, but def looks loads better!

I need to sort out the front wheel mounting any tips as i got to find a bracket for the 320mm disk and make some spacers up

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey guys been busy sorting the back end on my 380 last week, got the rear fitted ok and the 5" rim just went in there, i added a 05 125 sx subframe and rear mudguard, i have to have an extra piece welded on the right side as its a tad to short, and i need to get a new seat as the stock one sat way to high on back, but def looks loads better!

looks already awesome :bannana:

·
Registered
446 Posts
did you buy the polishing wheels or a bench grinder as well, you can use a standard drill with the right attachment
I might buy a bench grinder because I can always use it in the future, but I have to get a high RPM drill. My standard 14V drill doesn't shine it up well.

The bike looks ABSOLUTELY SICK!!! Whats going on with the front end?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I might buy a bench grinder because I can always use it in the future, but I have to get a high RPM drill. My standard 14V drill doesn't shine it up well.

The bike looks ABSOLUTELY SICK!!! Whats going on with the front end?

Front wheel did not come with spacers so i need to either make some, and also need a 320mm disk bracket if anyone has one??

·
Registered
446 Posts
Machining the spacers should be easy, will this adapter work?

Ebay

KTM-Parts

Amazon

Hopefully one of those work, especially the Amazon one!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Very jealous of the 380! I can't find out out here in good condition. I'm trying to upgrade from my 300 in January.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Machining the spacers should be easy, will this adapter work?

Ebay

KTM-Parts

Amazon

Hopefully one of those work, especially the Amazon one!
cheers, ive seen the ebay ones, the braking one looks trick but im using the stock caliper, anybody know what forks i have as i think they are not stock as my bike is a 97/98, it says 2001 on top fork cap, and mounting holes are 95mm center to center apart for the caliper mounting? also can i use the stock 380 spacers as i havent got any to try and not sure which ones to order

41 - 60 of 86 Posts