SuperMoto Junkie banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
got the engine and swinger mounted, and its starting to take shape now, still unsure on panel colours and decals yet, i want to go for the later 300 back end anyone know if i have to have subframe as well or can i just mod 300 rear mudgaurd on the stock 380 subframe ?

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sweet!

Lookin Good! Keep the pics coming :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Managed to get the clamps polished today, also checked out the reed block it turns out i have dual stage reeds fitted anyone know if these are any good, on my old 2 stroke racer we used very thin carbon fibre, these reeds i have in at the moment are fibre glass and seem quite stiff, prob better for top end and less flutter?

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
How do you polish your stuff? I can see my soul in your parts. Con't the good work.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Managed to get alot done today, including vinyl wrap the front forks as i thought this would be the easier and better than painting them, came out spot on! bars and controls done, its starting to look like a bike now, carb cleaned and fitted, i'm running a 175 main and 42 pilot at sea level anyone have any info on jetting for the 380 as plug did look a bit lean when i pulled it before the rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi, just wondering, what polish do you use ?

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
got the engine and swinger mounted, and its starting to take shape now, still unsure on panel colours and decals yet, i want to go for the later 300 back end anyone know if i have to have subframe as well or can i just mod 300 rear mudgaurd on the stock 380 subframe ?
I know with the 300's you need the 04+ airbox, subframe, mudflap, and rear fender. idk if youve had a ktm 2 stroke before but make sure you do some runs with a new spark plug to make sure you have a good coffee color on the plug. They can be a bitch if not jetted right. For like 600 bucks you can pick up SMR forks and rear shock. I would do that that way you can bolt on all the later SM goodies with the 26mm axel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know with the 300's you need the 04+ airbox, subframe, mudflap, and rear fender. idk if youve had a ktm 2 stroke before but make sure you do some runs with a new spark plug to make sure you have a good coffee color on the plug. They can be a bitch if not jetted right. For like 600 bucks you can pick up SMR forks and rear shock. I would do that that way you can bolt on all the later SM goodies with the 26mm axel.

If you change airbox than you need to change seat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have subframe from 125. 250 will fit also.
You most looking subframe with two handles for muffler. Because some bikes have only one muffler handle.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very awesome project! Congratulations on choosing the correct engine configuration. :D

Great finish on the polished parts. I'm just wondering about your triple clamps - did you just use a grinder/sander to smooth out the casting marks? Any tips & tricks there? I'm looking to get mine all smooth ready for paint.

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses, may give me some ideas for my 380!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hi, i used a small sanding wheel in my dremmel multi tool, to smooth the side castings on the clamps, then polished them up until it was all smooth. but you really need a good sisal mop for polishing out marks in the alloy

21 - 40 of 86 Posts