SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
2011 350 sxf
I have same bike but set up for woods... How is the 350 on the street? I am thinking of doing the same to mine as just a play around town bike. Some roads are 60mph around me though... don't want to blow her up...

·
Registered
19 Posts
It all good. You can get your sprockets to allow for a greater top end. I have stock front sprocket on front. (14T) and went to a 45T on rear. I can cruise at 60 easily and no issues with over heating. Now I haven't held at 60 long because speed limits on the island I'm on are 45 and go to 55 in a few places, but I was not winding it out when I was at 60. If you are going to take I get trips at 60+, you might want to switch out the front sprocket also. It will give you more top end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No issues at all. When I cut my kickstand down it was in Street mode which is a shorter bike. When I convert it to dirt it just leans over a little more.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
cool bikes! Ty, I am curious about your sxf. I am going to put my 11 450 sxf on the street. For me there is only one option to run accessories. The trail Tech 90watt stator/flywheel weight setup. Did you upgrade yours at all? Did the tusk kit have a key? Any quality issues? I have a few tusk parts on my bike and i have been less than impressed with the details on some stuff. Mostly aluminum parts. I probably won't run SM rims on mine for the street since my rims are 16.5 front and have slicks, but you never know. Mainly just want it to be legal on some of the local trails. I have a high pressure rad cap, upgraded to the ktm high flow water pump but i cant find a fan that fits the SXF tank. Other than power the cooling is my main concern. Since it will be driven 2miles to the trails and back its not bad, but some trails are tight and slower. My 250sxf never had issues but this bike is running a high comp motor i just built. Curious what your experiences were.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
cool bikes! Ty, I am curious about your sxf. I am going to put my 11 450 sxf on the street. For me there is only one option to run accessories. The trail Tech 90watt stator/flywheel weight setup. Did you upgrade yours at all? Did the tusk kit have a key? Any quality issues? I have a few tusk parts on my bike and i have been less than impressed with the details on some stuff. Mostly aluminum parts. I probably won't run SM rims on mine for the street since my rims are 16.5 front and have slicks, but you never know. Mainly just want it to be legal on some of the local trails. I have a high pressure rad cap, upgraded to the ktm high flow water pump but i cant find a fan that fits the SXF tank. Other than power the cooling is my main concern. Since it will be driven 2miles to the trails and back its not bad, but some trails are tight and slower. My 250sxf never had issues but this bike is running a high comp motor i just built. Curious what your experiences were.
Sweet 450!
Yea, The Tusk light kit feels a bit cheep, but I have no issues with the kit. I don't like that I have to turn off the turn signals by sliding the switch, rather than pushing it in like most street bike. It's fairly easy to install and I did not upgrade my stator however I have stock electric start and a battery. I did upgrade battery to a Light weight lithium one though. I'm not sure if your 450 came with electric start and a battery.. if it did I would not worry about upgrading the stator- especially with LED lights.
The Tusk kit did not come with a key. I have heard that you can mod a key kit, but I live on an island and I don't worry about it getting stolen.
Because I convert back and forth dirt and street I bought on e-bay some large 8 or 12 point plugs so I am not unplugging and re plugging 20 plugs to convert. I was able to get it down to only 2 as well as I shortened all the excess wiring when I installed the new plugs.
I run engine ice in my radiator and I don't have any overheating issues at all on street. I do occasionally on dirt when putting around slowly, but speed always cures it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Sweet 450!
Yea, The Tusk light kit feels a bit cheep, but I have no issues with the kit. I don't like that I have to turn off the turn signals by sliding the switch, rather than pushing it in like most street bike. It's fairly easy to install and I did not upgrade my stator however I have stock electric start and a battery. I did upgrade battery to a Light weight lithium one though. I'm not sure if your 450 came with electric start and a battery.. if it did I would not worry about upgrading the stator- especially with LED lights.
The Tusk kit did not come with a key. I have heard that you can mod a key kit, but I live on an island and I don't worry about it getting stolen.
Because I convert back and forth dirt and street I bought on e-bay some large 8 or 12 point plugs so I am not unplugging and re plugging 20 plugs to convert. I was able to get it down to only 2 as well as I shortened all the excess wiring when I installed the new plugs.
I run engine ice in my radiator and I don't have any overheating issues at all on street. I do occasionally on dirt when putting around slowly, but speed always cures it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Cool! Yeah my 450 is estart but carbbed. i think all the 450s from 08+ were eStart only(unless its an XCWF model). I had heard since my bike was estart but carb that the stator didn't have enough output. According to the BajaDesigns ref chart your bike puts out 20W stock. I couldn't find a reference for my bike but the newer 450sxf also puts out 20W so its fair to say thats probably it. The EXC models, for comparison, put out 195W. You typically need 90W or more if you are running a reasonable output headlight, signals, horn etc. The lowest draw LED headlight i have seen is 20W and up to 50W.

I too run engine ice cause its required for the track. Hopefully with that, the rad cap and the high flow water pump kit i should be good. On the local trails only once did my DRZ fan ever kick on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts