SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about turning their KLX 250SF into a stunt bike ?

Something along the same lines as Ryan Stephens WR250X in the vid link below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBbIjrzgw_o&feature=related

wheelie bar, more teeth on sprokets, maybe a underseat exhaust basically the same as the bike in the link ^

All the best

T :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know if gearing is gonna be enough to get a KLX250sf to wheelie like that. I think you'll need some engine upgrades to get it to wheelie like WR250x. It seems like there are better bikes to use for stunting that weigh less and have more power but I just ride mine to work, what do i know heh?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if gearing is gonna be enough to get a KLX250sf to wheelie like that. I think you'll need some engine upgrades to get it to wheelie like WR250x. It seems like there are better bikes to use for stunting that weigh less and have more power but I just ride mine to work, what do i know heh?
Fair enough mate Im in Thailand so I cant jet mine. was thinking about upgrades and such for power (expensive ones like 351cc) but dont think its worth it really would rather get a serious bike second hand thats faster and lighter like you said. It is a good commuter.

If there is anyone out there whos done some serious work do spill the beans ehh !

who doesnt like custom work :thumbup:

·
Registered
362 Posts
im kinda hoping for a good wheelie machine. I might be getting the 351, and rejet and what not. Hope it pays off. I should still be about $1500 less then WR after all these mods, so we will see.
I guess i might be the minimum wage guinea pig here.

Really im worried about carb choke at wheelie point. Any one have any issues with that?
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was really thinking about doing this. So Im looking for a wreaked new 250 ninja cuz they have Fi. Then doing a under seat exhaust and a 331 kit.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was really thinking about doing this. So Im looking for a wreaked new 250 ninja cuz they have Fi. Then doing a under seat exhaust and a 331 kit.
All good man just set me up with some pics if you get that stuff done :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to jump in so late, Im too in Thailand, and you can get a new ECU which bumps up the power alot, plus put on a slip on and change the gearing a little. Mind does wheelies in 3rd easily on sitdowns.

you can also get customised 12bar with foot pegs made in Bangkok for like 1500bht, 30-40 bucks

The ECU is by a thai company called API

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi man yeah I have heard of the API ecu im going to be getting it very shorty thats great to hear about sit down wheelies in 3rd cant wait :thumbup:

very heard about the foot pegs tho. Maybe its because im in Chiang mai ! :hmmm::D

·
Registered
65 Posts
i stunt my klx250sf.
mods: +12 rear sprocket, 636 front master flipped for HB, ninja 250 rear master modded for a t valve HB setup, custom exhaust(stock 450 can cut down to about 6'') dynojet kit, snorkel removed. its like riding a big 50, it damn near wheelies off idle. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i stunt my klx250sf.
mods: +12 rear sprocket, 636 front master flipped for HB, ninja 250 rear master modded for a t valve HB setup, custom exhaust(stock 450 can cut down to about 6'') dynojet kit, snorkel removed. its like riding a big 50, it damn near wheelies off idle. lol

pics ? action pics ?

·
Registered
151 Posts
How do we get a API ecu in the US? Does that even work on carb KLXs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im not sure about how you would be able to get one to the U.S, as this shop is pretty home grown, and there store/garage is in a housing compound in Bangkok.

But I have to say the performance is increased, especially once you put on a pipe.

There are two units, one which is a auto tune unit, and another which is one where you have to tune yourself through a labtop. They cost roughly around 5,000-6,000 thai baht (US$ 140-200).

But im sure if you search the web, you can find someone that imports them to the U.S.
Oh and im not sure about how well they will work for carb versions.

http://www.apitechonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=7.0

·
Registered
176 Posts
Us version has no ecu. Us version best bet is 351 with the 33mm pumper modded by bill blue. Our go buy a 450 of some sorts lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
klx250sf stunt bike

Why not I can ride wheelies 1st-4th on my girlfriends and do seat stant wheelies in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd and it has not performance upgrades just some sliders made from skateboard wheels and took the air snorkle off. I say go for it it is a really light bike actully and very manuverable I would say jet and pipe for more bottom end. Would love to see some ones pics or vids of an actual stunt one though. I do plan to make a 12 bar and upgreade it . I got some vids of my wheelies on this bike on my youtube profile link in my signiture

·
Registered
7 Posts
Help Help Help

I have a new 2010 kawasaki Klx 250 but it can't even wheelie on a first gear!! help me out do u think it need any upgrade??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts