SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a 2007 KLX110 that had only been ridden two times and had sat in a garage for almost 2 years. After cleaning the carb and the neutral switch I was able to get the bike started. I let it run for a bit and everything seemed fine. I shut the bike off and a significant amount of oil came out of the bottom of the bike. I honestly cannot figure out where. It looks like its coming from a place where it shouldn't. Near the footpeg area :hmmm: I cleaned the area and ran it a bit more. It now appears to seep slightly but it's practically stopped.
Has anyone with one of these bikes seen this before? Is there anything I should look to replace/repair? This bike is essentially brand new...it still had the nipples on the tires.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
A photo might help some.

2 things to check make sure it is not over filled with oil and make sure the engine crankcase breather is not cloged with bugs or mouse stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hrc nick.
I will check the crankcase breather and it makes sense that it might come from there. I'm going to change the oil and clean/inspect the hose. Found some spider nests in a few places so that may just do the trick:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the helpful info. So the oil did come from the crankcase breather. The bolts in the footpegs are what came from the factory.
Looks like there was come crap in crankcase that needed to be purged. I checked the oil and there was a hint of gas smell. I drained it and changed the filter. I assume the guy I bought it from may have tried really hard to get it started.
At any rate, After the oil change, no leaks and it runs great.
Thanks again!!!:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts