SuperMoto Junkie banner

klx110 needs more POWER..please help

3019 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  apa
i have a klx110 that my 8 yr old son rides.i have a pro-circuit pipe,crower cam and 20mm carb.runs pretty good but does not want to idle.it's either shutting off or idling to fast.tried jetting but nothing works.thinking of going big bore and bigger carb.any advice...thanks
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Call Crower................

www.crowerpower.com
Yep, call Crower. Get there full head kit, since you already have there cam it'll save you a little. Awesome power and no need to even do the big-bore.
like i said i already have the crower cam and their 20mm carb and just got a ported head from them but no matter how i jet it it either idles to high or not at all.would bigger carb maybe help? thanks
if you live in SoCal, take it to their shop. way cool to talk with and super helpful
no i live in the south.has anyone tried the bigger carb on the stock bore with good results.
I dont think going with a bigger carb is gonna help. Have you tried calling Crower? They run a 20mm carb on their 160cc motors. Alot of people over carb motors(bikes and cars)Call and pick their brains, you spent the money they owe you the technical support now.
yes i have called mike a few times and he has told me what low speed jet and main jet to use but nothing seems to work.i am gonna call them again and see.ever heard of a bad carb.it seems to run better on idle with the air screw completly out .
DTX62 said:
yes i have called mike a few times and he has told me what low speed jet and main jet to use but nothing seems to work.i am gonna call them again and see.ever heard of a bad carb.it seems to run better on idle with the air screw completly out .
If you are running the pilot air screw more than 2 1/2 turns out you need to richen the pilot jet.
cisco4130 said:
Have you tried calling Crower? They run a 20mm carb on their 160cc motors. Alot of people over carb motors(bikes and cars)
I thought that they have you run the stock carb on their modified intake even with the full head job? It's pretty easy to over carb, and then you just chase your tail trying to dial it in. Do you have the stock carb still? And, have you tried just putting it back on?
I run a 20mm carb on my Takagawa S-stage 88c kit with the stock CRF50 head and the thing runs awsome, I have a buddy with an R-stage 88cc(which comes with a head) and he runs a 24mm carb and his bike dynoed 9.1hp I would think you could try a bigger carb since your motor is 110cc. I doubt thats your idle problem though, just keep tuning or start over with some standard settings for the carb. You may have just over turned a screw or something simple. I suggest starting from scratch though on the carb settings and trying again.
Sounds like an air leak to me. With the bike idling as best you can spray some WD40 on the intake manifold area. If it revs up you have a leak.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.