SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just picked up a dyno kit stage 1 and 2 from my local moto shop and wondering if there are any tips or tricks when installing. I live in Nor Cali so Im gussing ill be putting the 128 jets in but im scared to drill into my carb... wondering if its recommended to just leave it alone or man up and drill?
Thanks!
Joe

(2010 KLX250sf) I already have a Powercore 4 pipe and no filter cover w/ snorkle, runs way to lean with the new fmf pipe)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I just picked up a dyno kit stage 1 and 2 from my local moto shop and wondering if there are any tips or tricks when installing. I live in Nor Cali so Im gussing ill be putting the 128 jets in but im scared to drill into my carb... wondering if its recommended to just leave it alone or man up and drill?
Thanks!
Joe

(2010 KLX250sf) I already have a Powercore 4 pipe and no filter cover w/ snorkle, runs way to lean with the new fmf pipe)

super easy to drill out
just go slow, once it breaks through try your best to stop the drill
then you may use the drill bit to pop the cap, or a pick
because you need to adjust that screw

on another site were doing the 132? main jet that comes with the dynojet kit
whatever the largest one is

needle clip down 4 from top
They said to totally remove the air box, but I was running a touch lean at freeway speeds 13.3 air fuel ratio

so I cut a 3x3 hole in the lid
I used an air fuel ratio meter in my exhaust and got around 12.2 at top speed

and I ended up having to enlarge my pilot jet because of crazy popping when decelerating I just used a drill bit instead of buying a jet
its either a 38-40 drills arent as accurate as real jets but hey, it fixed the problem and cost me noting to try
if you have this problem, depending on what exhaust your doing then buy a larger pilot jet that will solve that problem

im in san diego, about sea level

here is the air fuel readings just did this saturday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp8ButBIMs0

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man for the advise, i ended up drilling and rejetting it to the 124 jets with 3 notchs down on the needle. I can defiantly tell the difference in power! I have a powercore 4 pipe and it is badass!!! Im now afraid of gettin pulled over for how loud and nice it sounds

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope its totally off, the owner before i got it from the dealer took it off with only 1200 miles on it, w/ lid which i thought was strange cause now i dont have it if i ever want to go back to original.

·
Registered
12 Posts
well I used a 132 no lid and was still lean
so your even leaner with the smaller jet

I just used an air fuel gauge the other day thats how I know I was lean
what I did was put back on the air box lid and cut a 3x3 hole in it
that made it richer, and perfect jetting

so you either need to get an air box cover and just remove the snorkel for the jet you have now
or buy a larger jet then I have for no air box maybe a 134 or 136

or cut out a cover from plexiglass and cut a slot in it the size of the snorkel
I can measure my extra cover for that measurement

dynojet instructions, then dont have an option for no air box cover
http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/2152.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there a way to make your own cover?? Because my bike didnt come with one or with a snorkle... Im kinda sol cause its a fairly new bike

·
Registered
12 Posts
is there a way to make your own cover?? Because my bike didnt come with one or with a snorkle... Im kinda sol cause its a fairly new bike
you could make the cover out of anything stiff, wood, masonite, plastic
home depot has plexiglass thats what I would use
just make a template out of paper, rub hard over the screw holes and that will transfer the holes onto the paper
then cut out, trace on plexiglass and use a grinder with cut off wheel and make a cover

if you need exact dimension of the snorkel hole I can measure mine

or any kawasaki dealer, or online can sell that part too

My old cover off my 300 also was exactly the same
so you can search for that model, or the 250 maybe ebay has cheap ones

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks mike, i work at a hardware store which is a connivance so ill just pick up some Plexiglas then and just fab my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts