SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the first time posting on this site. I have never built a supermoto bike before. I have a klx140 (small wheel 17" front 14" back) modded for dirt.

suspension: crf150r expert front suspension, custom built c2p racing shock in the rear, and klx140L (large wheel model with the 19" front 16" back) swingarm

motor: engines only 160cc bore kit and cam & valves, BBR carb, BBR pipe,

I want to set this little beast up for motard. possibly stunt too? What kinds of sliders do I need? What wheels should I get? What tires? I'm looking for the most bang for your buck. do i need to modify the brakes? and possibly I might motard a crf150r. can i get a set of wheels and tires that are exchangeable between the crf150r and a klx140?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can't really answer most of your questions, but I do know that using a CRF450 (and possibly CR250R) front caliper is a common mod on CRF150R's, so you might want to do that. I'm assuming that you are running a CRF150R front fork and the stock CRF150R front brake setup.

You can use the stock rotor, it's just a much firmer and more powerful caliper. It requires a different mounting bracket, but you can really make one of those yourself with basic hand tools, or get it milled for you if you have some cash to throw around (a few companies also make a ready-to-buy bracket, but if IIRC it's something like 70 bucks, so no thanks).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thats a pretty cool brake set up with the stock rotor but bigger caliper. do you or does anyone know where to find wheels or tires for a build like this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks looks like pro cycle has some neat stuff. will they help me with tires too? what sorts of tires do you run/recommend?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts