SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a Group Ride Together for this Thanksgiving weekend. I am Maryland Local, but have Family in the Kingsport, Rogersville Tennessee Area. I have been riding around this area for a few years now and have found plenty of places to Play Around, Hard Twisties through Mountains, Dirt and Gravel Roads, River Roads with Drop-offs and Great Condition Roads.

As far as date goes, I'm thinking Saturday Nov 27th

All the Basic Rules apply to this ride, 2 second rule, Meeting point around 9 or 10 am Gased up and ready to go. Full Gear and no Ego. We will probably cover 150 to 200 miles for the day. Will end around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

I will make a Lunch Break at the In-Laws House and try to have Bar B Q for everyone. Good place to play around and chill for a few and then back at it....

Weather and Attendance will be a factor, but hopefully everything will work out. We did a ride last Thanksgiving and it was cold in the Morning but was very nice as the day went on....

I hope to see some of the usual suspects (seeing that Tdog travels 8 hours for every group ride) but all newbies are welcome.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks for the invite, but our tradition is offroad for that date. You guys have fun.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I am thinking about putting a Group Ride Together for this Thanksgiving weekend. I am Maryland Local, but have Family in the Kingsport, Rogersville Tennessee Area. I have been riding around this area for a few years now and have found plenty of places to Play Around, Hard Twisties through Mountains, Dirt and Gravel Roads, River Roads with Drop-offs and Great Condition Roads.

As far as date goes, I'm thinking Saturday Nov 27th

All the Basic Rules apply to this ride, 2 second rule, Meeting point around 9 or 10 am Gased up and ready to go. Full Gear and no Ego. We will probably cover 150 to 200 miles for the day. Will end around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

I will make a Lunch Break at the In-Laws House and try to have Bar B Q for everyone. Good place to play around and chill for a few and then back at it....

Weather and Attendance will be a factor, but hopefully everything will work out. We did a ride last Thanksgiving and it was cold in the Morning but was very nice as the day went on....

I hope to see some of the usual suspects (seeing that Tdog travels 8 hours for every group ride) but all newbies are welcome.
:hmmm:

·
Registered
496 Posts
More than likely i won't be able to attend... that is always a busy weekend, esp now that i am basically back home with my family around.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Thanks for the invite Tony, but I'll be doing the family thing that weekend. I wish I could make it though, I used to live in Rogersville when I was a little kid. I'd be interested to see how it's changed.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the invite Tony, but I'll be doing the family thing that weekend. I wish I could make it though, I used to live in Rogersville when I was a little kid. I'd be interested to see how it's changed.
It hasn't

·
Registered
595 Posts
I may be able to make it that day. I need to get another ride in with you guys before it gets cold anyway. I'll be able to tell you for sure in a week or so, but I think i'm gonna be in town that weekend and if so, would be able to meet you up there.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may be able to make it that day. I need to get another ride in with you guys before it gets cold anyway. I'll be able to tell you for sure in a week or so, but I think i'm gonna be in town that weekend and if so, would be able to meet you up there.:thumbup:
Sweet

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ive got a heated jacket liner I invested in last winter that is OFF DA HOOK!!! I just wish they would come out with a ball warmer. It can be as cold as it wants to be outside, but as long as my balls are warm, i'm good to go!!!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Ive got a heated jacket liner I invested in last winter that is OFF DA HOOK!!! I just wish they would come out with a ball warmer. It can be as cold as it wants to be outside, but as long as my balls are warm, i'm good to go!!!:thumbup:
I use a single grip heater. Give the other one from the pair to your buddy to keep his balls warm. Or, if you desire extra toasty balls, use both. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry T no can do .. Next time fo sho .:thumbup:
I understand, long way for a maybe ride. Looking forward to coming to Otown in February though. I hope you can put a ride together for us, and I can meet everyone, and get down on the KTM or Ape...... T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bump

Waiting on Weather Report for Next week. Slider, if you can ride that day, maybe you could help with the route, being that you live in the area, you may know better roads than I do.
Tdog - no problem. I'm pretty familiar with the roads east of Kingsport, from Damascus, Virginia south to around Marion, NC. I've ridden north up around Tazewell & Lebanon, VA once or twice, but not that familiar with those roads. Let me know if you want any advice on the route, don't know if you were planning on going that way or not. From your original post, I figured you might head NW towards Sneedville - I've never been that way before.

Now having said that, its really looking like I'm not going to make this (although I really want to meet some new riding buddies) - it seems I've got family coming into town for the Holiday now. My DRZ is also currently down for repairs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts