SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Planning on 'tarding my '03 525EXC here in a month or so. I was wondering if you need to do anything different with the kickstand due to the different height? My stock one broke, the part that locks it in place broke on my Dad awhile back. He set up the kickstand, and it didn't stop, just kept on rotating till the bike fell over in the grass. To be completely honest, the kickstand sucked total nuts anyways. I never used it on the trail, always used the tree method. It kept the bike at a near vertical position, and was very, very easy to tip the other way.

My friend has a DRZ400 dual sport, and it's kickstand fawking rocks. It holds it on so many odd angles and soft ground its rediculous. Are there any good replacement kick stands for my KTM out there that would work good after it's got the supermoto wheels on it? My Dad will be putting it on, so I'm looking for ones that don't take fabrication to get on, as I got the bike back home since the USMC has me stationed 1,000miles away from my love. Thanks guys! :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Trail Tech makes about the best aftermarket kickstand that I can think of. It's about $90 for your KTM.

You might have to look for one for an SMR, but it should work.

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
+1 on PromotoBillet...beautiful quality and if you contact them, they will custom fabricate the stand to fit your bike. I had one on my 426 that they shortened (just a couple weeks ago) so it would work great with my lowered suspension, etc.

Best stand out there IMHO. If you need the email I have a couple addresses to guys up there that I could give you.

·
Registered
271 Posts
For my XR650R I bought a used one off EBay and cut an inch off the bottom of it and re-welded the bottom tab back on. Making sure to line it back up the same way it came off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 on PromotoBillet...beautiful quality and if you contact them, they will custom fabricate the stand to fit your bike. I had one on my 426 that they shortened (just a couple weeks ago) so it would work great with my lowered suspension, etc.

Best stand out there IMHO. If you need the email I have a couple addresses to guys up there that I could give you.

If theres a particular person that can hook me up, I'd gladly appreciate that! Seems worth the extra $ to me to have it fit perfect when she's rollin on 17s! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
If theres a particular person that can hook me up, I'd gladly appreciate that! Seems worth the extra $ to me to have it fit perfect when she's rollin on 17s! :D
It actually doesn't cost anything extra. They'll do it for you for free!!! That's how cool these guys are. I usually don't rave about a company, but these guys really did treat me well. I sent the addresses to you via pm.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It actually doesn't cost anything extra. They'll do it for you for free!!! That's how cool these guys are. I usually don't rave about a company, but these guys really did treat me well. I sent the addresses to you via pm.
Thanks for the hookup man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts