SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of you street tard guys are using for an ignition switch if your bike didnt have one stock, or did you even bother with one?

Still depating on what ill do with mine, either buy a switch from another bike or put a simple on off switch somewhere hidden.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I got a used one off a husaberg for mine. I made an aluminum bracket and it looks factory. Its just an added peace of mind though. It would only take maybe 3 seconds to bypass it. Keep a lock or 5 around for when you have to park it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i got the dakar d/s kit on my kx250f, and came with a keyed ignition, but still gonna do something for more security cuzz can easily lifted into someones truck if they really want it ya know.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My YZ400 gets a big ol cable lock on it. Either to a friends bike or a tree or a pole or............

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i just wanna put something simple on mine, like if i go into a coffee shop or something i dont want someone swinging their leg over it and taking off =p

I already got a decent cable lock for when i stop and cant see the bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts
get a 2 stroke and you wont have to worry about anyone starting your bike. not too many people have luck starting my bike. ;) i wouldn't mind a key ignition tho.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Got mine from the mower shop. 12$ with a "mud guard" and required nut. Outboards use 'em too but they usually cost more. Either one will have a ground to kill the engine in the off postion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts