SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well long story but i made a legal pass on a two lane road, then two cars were making a left hand turn into a driveway so i went around them at a very slow speed on the shoulder. So im sitting at a light about 100 yards up and i hear someone yelling at me. this dude is calling me every insult i caould think of and i was just calmly like dude i'm not trying to get rear ended. then he called that bullshit. well the light turns green and im like well im not going to stick around to see if this dude is crazy or not so i pull away from the light. i accidently pop a wheelie because i was hard on the gas, nothing big like 6 inches maybe. but i have no mirrors so i look behind me about a half a mile down the road and im like shiiittt the same dude is behind me. so i pull over on someones grass. i'm thinking well he'll just drive by but if he stops i have a helmet and gloves on. so he stops in the road to yell at me, and gets rear ended... 3 car accident thank god noone got hurt. Why does everyone have something to prove? anyway the dude bitched about me and i ended getting a negligent driving ticket for passing on a double yellow....BULLSHITTTT but karma's a bitch

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
wow:eek:

well atleast you didnt get rear ended, and if you think that guy hated you at the stoplight imagine how much he hated you after the accident:lol:

Anyway it doesnt sound like you did anything wrong? Besides pass him, which i think most of us have done on a double solid;)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Well long story but i made a legal pass on a two lane road, then two cars were making a left hand turn into a driveway so i went around them at a very slow speed on the shoulder. So im sitting at a light about 100 yards up and i hear someone yelling at me. this dude is calling me every insult i caould think of and i was just calmly like dude i'm not trying to get rear ended. then he called that bullshit. well the light turns green and im like well im not going to stick around to see if this dude is crazy or not so i pull away from the light. i accidently pop a wheelie because i was hard on the gas, nothing big like 6 inches maybe. but i have no mirrors so i look behind me about a half a mile down the road and im like shiiittt the same dude is behind me. so i pull over on someones grass. i'm thinking well he'll just drive by but if he stops i have a helmet and gloves on. so he stops in the road to yell at me, and gets rear ended... 3 car accident thank god noone got hurt. Why does everyone have something to prove? anyway the dude bitched about me and i ended getting a negligent driving ticket for passing on a double yellow....BULLSHITTTT but karma's a bitch
That is BS. I don't think the cop can cite you unless he sees it himself. Did you admit to the pass? I hope this wasn't in Allegheny County. Did anyone say anything about the wheelie? If so, say you didn't notice and that you certainly didn't intend to do one.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
na it was in bel air and it definatly was on a dotted line. I do frequenly safely pass on a double yellow but this wasnt one of those times. and yeah the dude was piiiiisssssseed when it happend. and the cop said that should summon them to court or something. Instant Karma is the best thing ever

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Good for you, Glad you didn't get rear ended. The ticket though thats BS. Alot of people disrespect bikers nowdays... Its sad.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i asked the cop what the asshole got and she said don't worry about him. i didnt really worry about the warning i got to laugh at him after he got hit. it was worth the bullshit

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah they told the cop i popped a huge wreckless wheelie...gay

·
Registered
364 Posts
i didnt really worry about the warning i got to laugh at him after he got hit. it was worth the bullshit
Did you get a written warning or a ticket with a $$$ fine ???

Lie, deny, and demand proof on anything that jacka$$ claims your were doing (wheelie, passing, ect...).
If you did get a ticket and the other guy did too, your court dates should be the same day so you can say "hi" when you see him again. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fight the ticket in court. For the charge to stick (here in California anyway) the citing officer has to show up to court as an acting witness to the violation. Since the officer didn't witness the violation and is acting on behalf of what the angry dude told her, the angry dude has to show up to court too. It will now be up to the angry dude's testimony to prove you committed a violation. Both the angry dude and the citing officer have to show up to court or the charges will be dropped. Glad you hear you didn't get hurt and good luck.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Fight it in court. There is no way to prove a damn thing so you will get off. The angry dude has every reason to lie to the court in order to try to get you into trouble and that will be easy to show. After all he got rear ended while bitching at you.

Question why did you bother sticking around after the accident? You were not involved so there was no reason to stay. I'd a ridden off laughing about the entire thing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
hahahahahahahahahahaha thats the funnyst thing iv heard in ages :laughingr sucks about the ticket just dont admit to anything next time :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Karmic retribution....when all the assholes in the world get whats coming to them. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hey, Palmer:

I'm an attorney and in my state (WV) for a cop to write a citation for a misdemeanor, he MUST witness the alleged violation. If he cited you for a misdemeanor that he did not personally witness, then it WILL get tossed if you go to court and challenge it.

Again, that's the law in WV and your state may differ but you should at least look into it and challenge it. To me it's worth the challenge bc it's a moving violation, therefore your ins. premiums WILL take a hit if the citation sticks.

Good luck!

Brent Hackney

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Hey, Palmer:

I'm an attorney and in my state (WV) for a cop to write a citation for a misdemeanor, he MUST witness the alleged violation. If he cited you for a misdemeanor that he did not personally witness, then it WILL get tossed if you go to court and challenge it.

Again, that's the law in WV and your state may differ but you should at least look into it and challenge it. To me it's worth the challenge bc it's a moving violation, therefore your ins. premiums WILL take a hit if the citation sticks.

Good luck!

Brent Hackney
Well what about those fucking camera's in the stop lights, or the camera's in the speed censors on the side of the road. Ive been sent a ticket in the mail!!! The stop light takes a picture of your plate, nobody witnessed me doing it, but i got a fucking ticket in the mail:rant:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yep, those stop light cameras are a real burn. We don't have them in WV and several states have passed laws making them illegal. The states that do have them seem to be getting by with it. They are a real revenue generator and states LOVE that.

The reason for the "officer must witness a misdemeanor" rule is to prevent someone from just telling a cop that "X" broke the law bc that is inherently UNreliable "evidence." The photo seems to eliminate the problem of proof. The original poster in this thread has given us a PERFECT example of why the rule is needed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is BS. I don't think the cop can cite you unless he sees it himself.
Agreed. Was the cop on a bike or car? How much was the tix?

·
Registered
401 Posts
i asked the cop what the asshole got and she said don't worry about him. i didnt really worry about the warning i got to laugh at him after he got hit. it was worth the bullshit
FWIW, I've been told cops don't usually write tickets when an accident occurs. But then again, cops also don't usually write tickets to an event where they weren't a witness :rolleyes2: I'd find out who hit the guy, and be a witness on their behalf. Parking one's ass in the middle of the street is BS, but he sounds like the kind of weasel who would claim he was moving along at the speed of traffic :headshake

Well what about those fucking camera's in the stop lights, or the camera's in the speed censors on the side of the road. Ive been sent a ticket in the mail!!! The stop light takes a picture of your plate, nobody witnessed me doing it, but i got a fucking ticket in the mail:rant:
The police here are counting on the fact that the price on the ticket is less than the effort it would take to fight it. Look online for some of the BS that the camera manufacturers and police colluded to draw revenues from the average citizen. One city in CA even had the yellow light timing shortened, and the camera to trigger early.

Also, fun fact, the right to face your accusers includes the right to see what makes those cameras tick. Hardware and software. The moment they refuse (claiming it's proprietary) is the exact moment the case should be tossed.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haha i would love to burn this ass but fortuanatly i got a warning instead of an actual ticket.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts