SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My '08 DRZ400SM has the 3x3 mod and full yoshi RS2, jetted etc. Runs great, but is still running a foam air filter.

Just wondering if there would be any benefit to putting in a K&N filter? and also if I did, would it mean i would have to re jet to suit??

·
Registered
571 Posts
I like and use K&N filters in my bikes.
Don't really notice a real performance improvement, I just like them because they are easier maintenance - mainly because the spray-on K&N oil is not all gummy and does not turn your airbox into a sticky mess.

It won't make a big enough difference to require re-jetting.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like and use K&N filters in my bikes.
Don't really notice a real performance improvement, I just like them because they are easier maintenance - mainly because the spray-on K&N oil is not all gummy and does not turn your airbox into a sticky mess.

It won't make a big enough difference to require re-jetting.
cheers, good to know.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I sure wouldn't advise it if you plan on seeing any dirt. I noticed way too much dust etc on the support frame on the motor side of the filter in mine. I'll stick to no-toils and the stock filter.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Bike K&Ns can be restrictive, especially the cone/pods.
I prefer the use of oiled foam filters. Can't beat 'em for filtration a flow.

Uni filters ate the ones of my choice.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I sure wouldn't advise it if you plan on seeing any dirt. I noticed way too much dust etc on the support frame on the motor side of the filter in mine. I'll stick to no-toils and the stock filter.
I agree. When I bought my old DRZ it came with a KN.... if you hold the filter up you can see through it. NOT recommended if you will see any dirt roads or dusty conditions.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
K&N filters suck balls in the dirt. +3 on dusting motors.:headshake

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I agree on the K&N ,they require more cleaning and if you ride in the dirt ANY you better use the outerwear to keep the dirt from clogging it up ,but the OW cuts airflow by 10%...So just get foam imo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers guys, i am currently running a twin air foam filter, bike runs great so i will just stick with it.:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts