SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it today, went for a ride, got to my spot, started trying to get a knee down and on turn number four lost it!

Thanks to all the SMJ members for making me feel guilty about riding without full gear!

The Sedici suit from cycle gear held up well although I couldn't have been going more than 30 miles and hour. The stitching on the logo on the hip ripped a little but the seam underneath it was fine. the bilt trackstar gloves held up fine but after seeing some pictures of similar sedici gloves in a 50 mph wreck I don't know how much I trust em at speed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Cheap gear is better than no gear. Glad ya walked away unscathed!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey you could be me. Some asshole threw cat litter down in one of the turns at my favorite riding spot. Rashed all my brand f'n new plastics and snapped the bill off a brand new helmet.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey you could be me. Some asshole threw cat litter down in one of the turns at my favorite riding spot. Rashed all my brand f'n new plastics and snapped the bill off a brand new helmet.
As annoying as the cat litter was, he might've used it to cover up an oil spill or something that was worse than the litter. If there were fresh cat turds, then yeah he was just being an ass, but if it was just litter he was probably trying to be helpful.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Good to read this, rather than another "shoulda been wearing my gear..." thread.

Glad you saved your skin!

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have heard alot of ppl being superstitious about going down in a new suit.

usually the day the get it they will put it on and go roll around the drive way or the street just to get that first, its gonna happen superstitious contact out of the way :lol:

glad your ok though

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure glad I'm ok too. Thank god I didn't crash when I was being a squid.

Its crazy, I built some skateboard wheel axle sliders just the day before and then I get the suit and the rest of the gear and go down. I just put some handguards on around fathers day as well. the bike slid on the guards and sliders perfectly! barely even touched the plastics!

I would also like to say that the $400 dollar Sedici suit has only one stitch torn on the knee other than the lettering stitching ripping a little on the hip, but all the seems effecting integrity held up! It also was not that bad in the evening of a hot Austin, Texas Summer day. Comparable to my Dainese textile jacket and jeans in the middle of the day.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
i have heard alot of ppl being superstitious about going down in a new suit.

usually the day the get it they will put it on and go roll around the drive way or the street just to get that first, its gonna happen superstitious contact out of the way :lol:

glad your ok though
I'm one of those weirdos. :rofl: I walked out of cycle gear, threw my suit down in the parking lot and stomped on it a few times.

Matt, glad you're OK. Gear is replaceable, you aren't :thumbup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm one of those weirdos. :rofl: I walked out of cycle gear, threw my suit down in the parking lot and stomped on it a few times.

Matt, glad you're OK. Gear is replaceable, you aren't :thumbup:
Local salesman I knew did that with his newly purchased bikes...talk about a sight to see!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that's why you shouldn't 'try' and get your knee down...especially on a public road.
I was in a parking lot of an abandoned complex. Notice I say I got to my "spot" I know not to go crazy on the road where I might get run over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts