SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually watched this last night. You can see that it runs out of nut a little past half track (which is to be expected). Also looks like the ninja ran out of nut right off the line :lol:

·
Registered
102 Posts
i fucking laugh in the faces of any 250 cc sportbike that tries to race me. THEY ARE GIRLS BIKES!!! ......that being said if you have one done up right they can be lighting on the track with the right rider.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yea that was a cool video. Ill bet in Japan thats Ninja is considered a bad A$$ bike, Here they are gaaay

·
Registered
272 Posts
ninja 250 is quite a bit quicker in a straight line, I raced one at the track a couple weeks ago and he pulled away from me each time on the straight.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It's no surprise to me that the Yamaha is faster.

HP for WR250X: http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/gallery.php?g2_view=largephotos.Largephotos&g2_itemId=176446
Wet Weight ~ 300lbs

HP for Ninja in green: http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/gallery.php?g2_view=largephotos.Largephotos&g2_itemId=251394
Wet Weight ~ 375lbs

The math predicts exactly what you see in the video.

to bad the ninja has 2 cylinders instead of only one which should make up the difference in weight and power. in stock trim the ninja would have to win everytime i would think, geared im sure the WR would pull away early but run out of top end long before the ninja would, i had one for my first bike and i can tell you the wr250x is the slowest bike i've owned yet, but yet its one of the funest ive had yet also.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If it was a mid nineties Kawasaki ZXR250, the Yamaha would have been toast.

The 250 4-cylinder machines were awesome. The Japanese manufacturers should do this stuff again.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I can't wrap my head around why anyone would give a good gad-damn about quarter-mile performance of either of these two bikes.

Put both bikes on any roadracing course that's longer than a go-cart track and the Ninja would destroy the X every time.

Put both bikes on a SUMO track and the X wins.

Climb stairs? X is the winner

Fun factor in real world - most here would chose X. I would.

Comparing the two bikes simply because they are both 250cc's seems really strange - especially when you do the comparison on a drag strip. A place that neither was designed for in the least.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Having owned both, a 2009 Ninja 250R and a 2009 WR250X, I can attest to the WRX being the quicker bike. The Ninja was a fun little bike to hit the twisties with, but I have since sold her.... I was riding the WRX alot more and the Ninja was going to waste in the garage. The WRX is just more fun to ride than the little Ninja.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts