SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know what you think.. Also what are better ways of mounting the speedo sensor and magnet.. Also what better way is there to mount the Vapor, it feels wayyyy to high for me..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Mine is *fairly* similar. I've got my pickup mounted on an L-bracket on one of the pinch bolts, but in a slightly different manner. My magnet was the one built into the brake bolt. My display was fairly similar to yours until I found someone on here selling the dope aluminum one from trailtech for cheap :-D

Assuming everything is working for you, and all the wires and stuff are out of the way, looks good!

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
we installed one on a XR just last week here that our customer purchased and mounted it with a clean drill to the caliper relocation bracket.

looking at your install, i highly suggest you look at that rather than that safety wire stuff.

easy to drill and secure it solid to that bracket.

for Vapor computers and accessories, check here

http://www.motostrano.com/speedometers.html

Joe

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, you just have to get creative. I found an old L bracket in my tool box. Just had to cut down and paint to fit. Freebie.

Just make sure you feel comfortable with whatever solution you come up with. Obviously not an area you want to cut corners.

Keep an eye out for people selling the protector. I think I picked mine up from somebody here on the board for $25 or 30 bucks shipped. It looks so much cleaner than that chincy little plastic bracket.

http://www.trailtech.net/022-TM.html

Looks like you have a pretty dope wheel/brake setup!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just purchased the same for my bike hopefully it'll look as good as yours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Motoxer311, Firstly cheers for posting that pic of your sensor mounting. Was trying to think of a way to mount it! :bannana:

Secondly, how are you powering the Vapour?
Are you just using the internal battery or running it off the alternator/stator power output?

Cheers,
Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts