SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had just got on my bike to go for a rip. Not even 10 mins after leaving home there's an undercover cop behind. I had seen him when I turned on to the street. I'm sitting at a red light turning left. Light goes green and I go slowly around the corner slowly and then look in my mirror and the cop has his light on. I pull over and he gives me two tickets. 1 is for my smoked edge tail light and led singals(smoked also). And the other for no reflectors. So all together I have $250 in tickets. I'm not to worried about it but the cop was straight up a douche bag. Oh well I'm talk to my lawyer to see what he thinks. Well that's what happened to me today lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have nothing against them. i can understand them being asses if im being an ass. but he could have atleast gave me a warning and not 2 f'ing tickets

·
Registered
127 Posts
everyone is broke. tickets are revenue, warning are becoming a thing of the past. i got 3 tickets in the same stop 2 weeks ago so i feel your pain. Atleast the officer that gave me mine was a super nice guy and let me off on a couple big things

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess ur rite there dirttard but still i was being an ass or anything to him. and worst part is i just turned 22 2 weeks ago lol wat an awesome present from the city police hahahah atleast he didnt say anything about my mrd pipe :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't get me wrong there's some really cool & nice cops around but the douchebags who have power trips are the ones who I truly can't stand...

·
Registered
127 Posts
i guess ur rite there dirttard but still i was being an ass or anything to him. and worst part is i just turned 22 2 weeks ago lol wat an awesome present from the city police hahahah atleast he didnt say anything about my mrd pipe :)
im 22 also haha. and he got me for my pipe, not having my insurance card(its in the mail), and a bunch of my lights not working. he let me go without the speeding (63 in a 30), wreckless driving, and exhibition of speed tickets so i was happy. still 173 bucks after all the fees if i fix the problems which i will. 1,257 big ones if i just pay the tickets. FUCK THAT HAHA

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dam dirttard ur lucky lol. but ya still thats alot of cash to put out for the tickets. hope u get it all sorted tho.
vroom ya i have no reflectors on it. got rid of the stock front fender for the acerbis sm fender and have to edge rear so got rid of the reflectors. i had been warned about the reflectors on my gsxr a few yrs back and just throw reflective tape on. but this cop is me i need to have reflectors on the sides front and rear and also one facing the front and rear. but isnt that wat the headlight is for? lol. but wateva i have to do the reflectors and pay that one:( but hopefully i can get out of the tail light and stuff cuz i think he f'ed on wat he was writing. well ill have more updates tomorrow lol

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
Hate to hear you got busted. This is one of the reasons I didn't go for the smoked lenses on stuff. At least then it looks closer to what would be factory.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
im 22 also haha. and he got me for my pipe, not having my insurance card(its in the mail), and a bunch of my lights not working. he let me go without the speeding (63 in a 30), wreckless driving, and exhibition of speed tickets so i was happy. still 173 bucks after all the fees if i fix the problems which i will. 1,257 big ones if i just pay the tickets. FUCK THAT HAHA
If 09drzsm had all this against him, he would be talking about how his license is suspended pending a court appearance, and how his bike was siezed and impounded. Not to mention the fines and impound fees. Welcome to Canada!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
u got that right fish_bate. i had trouble on my gsxr for speeding and had it impounded twice with a couple court dates, neva got my license suspended tho. and thats y i changed to the drz. slower but way more fun then the gsxr.
live and learn rite

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Canada is a POLICE STATE. I can't stress this enough.
I'm just kinda glad I'm not a cyclist living in New York City. The way the NYPD are intentionally destroying all rights and liberties of anyone that rides a bicycle in New York is sickening. It's getting worse everyday.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
So I had just got on my bike to go for a rip. Not even 10 mins after leaving home there's an undercover cop behind. I had seen him when I turned on to the street. I'm sitting at a red light turning left. Light goes green and I go slowly around the corner slowly and then look in my mirror and the cop has his light on. I pull over and he gives me two tickets. 1 is for my smoked edge tail light and led singals(smoked also). And the other for no reflectors. So all together I have $250 in tickets. I'm not to worried about it but the cop was straight up a douche bag. Oh well I'm talk to my lawyer to see what he thinks. Well that's what happened to me today lol.
lawyer, for illegal equipment ? man, reality check time, FIX IT !

if that's all he could get you for, don't give him the opportunity by having illegal stuff on your bike !

there's nothing like riding by a pig-pit shooting radar and knowing there is absolutely nothing you should be pulled over for (not speeding, not wheeliing, etc) and watching them focus on a minivan instead. love it !

:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The lawyer is a friend on my rugby team. Does things for free and if he finds nothing in the law about it then id rather not pay the fines. But i understand what ur saying. But if i can find a loop then ill be happy lol

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Technically a slip-on violates the law. So, about 99% of the people on this board are running their bikes with "illegal equipement".

·
Registered
446 Posts
I thought all the Edge lights were DOT approved.
Doesn't that mean anything up North?
Never heard of a reflector law but maybe thats just a rule you guys have.

Here in the WA state if you make the changes your were fined for and prove to the court your vehicle is now complaint they will drop the ticket or at the very least reduce it by 1/2.

Take a photo of your bike, put the stock lights back on and take another one. Bring them both and explian you were under the impression the aftermarket lights were legal and apologize for not knowing.
Copping an attitude or blaming the officer will defintley fail.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dont get me wrong. i have nothing against cops. i just think he was having a bad day and taking it out on me. most of the cops that have pulled me over atleast let me ask questions and actually talk to u like ur an equal, this cop didnt but as i said b4 i think it was just one of those days for him. me and my brother ther first time we got pulled over by a motorbike cop he just wanted to check we had our licenses and we ended up shooting the shit for a bout an hr. and im still waiting to hear from my buddy thats looking into it for me.

·
Registered
9,329 Posts
I thought all the Edge lights were DOT approved.
Nope, some sites tell you that, some don't. Check the very last line of the description.

DRC Edge-2 Tail Light Holder Assembly

* 16 high intensity red LEDs are used for the tail/stop light, and 3 white ones for to light up the license plate.
* Waterproof circuit.
* Detachable Lens.
* Made of high quality, pliable plastic.
* Flashers can be placed on the flat side of this holder.
* Plastic material allows for quick and easy installation.
* License plate bracket (Japan Specification) and plug type terminal included, works on 12V AC/DC.

Please note this is not DOT legal tail light

http://www.langstonracing.com/eshop...uct_251144.DRC_Edge-2_Tail_Light_Holder_A.htm

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
There are many components on vehicles that Ontario law states can not be modified or altered in any way. Whether it's DOT or not doesn't matter. This is different to other provinces in Canada and different to laws in most US states.
The lighting system and exhaust are part of the list of systems on a vehicle that can not be modified. Any exhaust on any vehicle that is not OEM or equivalent, according to the Ontario Traffic Code, is violating the law. This said, there are thousands of vehicles driven on Ontario roads everyday that have "modified" exhaust and/or lighting. Because there are so many, the fine is very low, and the owner of the vehicle can change the components back to a legal state to avoid paying the fine, police and prosecuters don't persue action against most violators. It would be a huge waste of time and money. All Ontario COPS know this. So, if you get a ticket for the open pipe or mini turn signals on your bike, there's three possible reasons:

1. There's some sort of organized police "blitz"
2. You're intentionally attracting attention
3. Like 09drzsm said, the COP is simply being a douche bag

1 - 20 of 26 Posts