SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all! i swapped my ninja for a KTM 640 lc4 2002, ive never had so much fun on a bike, i absolutely love it! i will never go back to a super sports again!
atm i have pirelli diablos on, but i want to occasionally take it onto some mild dirt lanes, nothing major, but im having a hard time finding tires to fit a 160/60 17 so my first question is:
1. Can 150 tires fit on a 160 rim? what should i look for size wise? stock my sizes are 160/60 x 17 and 110/90 x 17.
and
2. the headlight is pants, has anyone tried the h.i.d conversions? do they work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thought about getting a second set, but i heard it was difficult because of the brake caliper etc...in regards to my second question, my headlight is not very good, theres the h.i.d conversions around what increase brightness, just wondered if anyone has tried them? cheers

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah I thought about getting a second set,
but I heard it was difficult because of the brake caliper etc...

In regards to my second question,
my headlight is not very good,
there's the h.i.d conversions around what increase brightness,
just wondered if anyone has tried them?

Cheers.
http://www.socalsportbikes.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258551

NOTHING WORKS BETTER THAN KNOBBIES ON DIRT .

But street tires are best for the pavement ?

So ~ I recommend you have both !

Unless you ride more of one.

Street tires work OK-

Down dirt paths.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be honest id rather not have 2 sets of tyres, id rather get a set that is ok on both surfaces, but like i said the only ones i can find are for 150 not 160, hence my original question lol

Thanks for the info red

·
Registered
159 Posts
Switching wheels is sort of a pain, but then you are more tempted to really get into the mud and all that. I spent 2-3 weeks on and off cleaning my bike after burying it, I won't be going off road for a while...

It's probably even better to buy a cheap dirt bike to tool around on. I wouldn't actually go ride trails without a way to trailer my bike back home anyways since you never know what's gonna happen out on the trail.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
A good tire choice would be Pirelli MT 60 ' s or Avon Distanzia's both can be had with 160 rear .... The Avon is quite wide for the sizing ..... Both tires are quite soft I'd suggest the mt60's they last longer ... I have run both..... The Avon is a stickier street tire and the mt 60 is better for off road

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Isnt the point of supermoto that you can run dirt sections and jumps with street tires? Screw buying rims and knobbies. Run it like it was ment to be run.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Isnt the point of supermoto that you can run dirt sections and jumps with street tires? Screw buying rims and knobbies. Run it like it was ment to be run.
We just ran up to our local trails. Played on some hill climbs. And our local cart track has a dirt section. All ran on street slicks.

Knobbies will be needed for winter though.

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
all correct... hence the reason for the link.... sorry mate I don't makem I just pass on the info....:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts