SuperMoto Junkie banner

just got a new toy

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Propshaft 
they told me that i just bought the last 07 sm610 at malcolm smith motor sports in so cal. will pick it up mon or tu. i beat on em for about 2 hrs. but was worth my time. and had to ord the leo slip on wasnt in stock.and their gonna rejet. been wanting it for a while. so ill try to fig. out how to post pics. ok back in a couple days
Picked up my 07 from Malcolm back in Feb. If you happen to be there when Mr. Smith is, get him to sign your owners manual.:bike:

'Neat Malcolm"

He look like anybody in this picture?

I had the great experience of Malcolm helping pit crew for us a few years back team racing over in Laughlin.

We hooked up Alexander, his youngest son, to race with one of our fast guys from Flagstaff.

I asked Alex who was coming with him from CA, he said just a coupla buddies from HS.

That night Alex shows up with the whole family. I asked Malcolm if he brought his helmet, we needed help on our 0ver 40 expert team. He says. nope, just here to support his son.

Next morning, we were a little late getting out to set up the pits, and our pit guy, Karl, a non-motorcyclist, couldn't get anyone to make a spot on pit row for us.

Karl says, he was about to give up and set up the pits in a bad location, thats when that old guy comes walking up carrying a tool box and a can of gas, Karl says you never seen any group of folks falling over themselves in such a hurry trying to make room and set up a great pit location.

Karl comes back, tells us the story on the startline, and says "That Malcolm Smith guy must be pretty famous"

That would be an understatement, huh!

He is one of the nicest folks I have ever met in my whole life! IMHO, He is truely a key member of USA motorcycling royalty!
Great shot! He is the one with the biggest grin of coarse. The one who looks like hes having the most fun! A legend absolutely!
"On Any Sunday" was my first introduction to the man. I couldn't wait to jump on my (cough) Hodaka 90 and hit the dirt. Loved motorcycles ever since. Thanks Malcolm! :bike:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.