SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my wrx last weekend and I cut the front fender about 4.5 in. Tell me what ya think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it looks better. I dont know why yamaha decided to put that huge fender on there in the first place. :headscrat
Oh by the way how is the wr250x is it worth the money?

·
Registered
239 Posts
doesn't look bad. I'm gonna walk in the garage and see if I hate mine now! :) how do you cut it? what tool? or saw? dremel?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think you should trim the front corners a little more, but that's just me. Still kinda has what I call the duckbill look. Very clean job, just my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a box cutter knife and a very steady hand. I traced the shape i wanted very lightly and just kept going over it till it went through, then sanded it with 150 grit sandpaper and to finish it off and make it smooth i rubbed the sanded area on a carpeted rug.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I cut my fender with a wiz wheel. also cut the tail light with one also. the skid plate I fabbed out of stainless. these bikes are a blast to ride. wanting to up the rear sprocket a tooth or 2

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya its such a gas hog (12 mpg) that one of the reasons I got this bike so I can commute to work.

·
Registered
546 Posts
ya its such a gas hog (12 mpg) that one of the reasons I got this bike so I can commute to work.
it looks good, i like the stillen grille and the glassworks fenders, check out clubtitan.org :thumbup: theres tons od great info there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts