SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo I picked up some talon hub/excel wheels with tires from a local motocross shop last fall and just got around to throwing them on (took forever to get a spacer so I finally realized I could throw a washer in there to space it right) today.

When I test rode my bike, I'd put the tiniest amount of weight to turn to each side and the tire would just turn REAL quick and be REAL hard to turn back by hand. When rolling slow the front tire felt really stiff to turn left and right.

Is this normal? It was fine before I put these new wheels on. Maybe because I went from a huge wheel in the front to a small wheel? OR could my rigged up washer spacer job be throwing the front tire out of alignment, ORRRRR did I just not align the front axle right in the first place?

I noticed those 4 bolts on the front forks had something to do with aligning the axle but I just slapped it together?:hmmm:

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I have a YZ450 sumo and it turns real well - 17 inch mags -

make sure your rear wheel is centered /straight ( notches on chain adjuster )

Does ether wheel wiggle when axles are tight ?

Put bike on a stand with front wheel off ground --Loosen fork crown and triple bolts-
shake front end back and forth using the bars - then tighten bolts --
this can align front end if it is tweaked -

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
OucH

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what's upcoming on the bike

speedometer
mirror(s)
high/low beam headlight with high beam indicator
turn signals
brake light operated by both hand and foot brake
license plate light
amber side reflectors on front, red side reflectors on rear
horn
(probably going to just but the BD kit)
valve adjustment
fork seals
new tires

So much money though, not to mention getting it registered and insured and getting my permit/licence :rant:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts