SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the 3x3 and exhaust and i just cant seem to get it jetted just right. It will run good in the day but seems to surge at night when the air is cooler. It also seems like its top speed is lower now, like there is less high end. Im running full rs2 with the dj jet kit. 155 main with the needle 3 positions down here in omaha ne elevation of 1,090 FT (332 M). Anyone have any little hint. I also was thinking issted of wasteing more time on this crappy carb i would just get a FCR. Does the jetting that comes with the thumpertalk kit work well for almost all or will i need othersizes to.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Ugh. Another Dynojet surging thread. :rolleyes2: Do a search in the DRZ400 section of Thumpertalk for hundreds of threads just like yours. I assume it's surging at steady throttle when cruising, and not on acceleration or wot. Would that be a correct assumption? If that's the case, you'll have to raise or lower the needle depending on if it's rich or lean. You could remove the airbox door and ride it. If it's better i'd try lowering the needle (raising the clip position toward the flat). Reinstall the airbox door and ride it.

The James Dean jet kit doesn't give you fits like the Dynojet kit does. Install it and be happy.

The TT FCR-MX kit works well. You have to remove the pilot air jet from the intake bell, and replace the installed needle w/ the EMN needle provided, and you'll be set. The directions are backwards for the throttle cables, but that's fairly easy to figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts