SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m Rob and I have been a riding since around 1974. I started in dirt and quickly went to street. Now going on 54, I love supermoto and have since in the late 70’s, early 80’s when we would mount street rims on a Suzuki RM 250. A friends dad was a tool\die guy and made of spacers and adapters. We saw a race on a TV show called, Wide World of Sports. It featured a new type of riding style…We tried to reproduce it…well we tried.

Anyway… longtime lurker thought it was time. I ride full-time, rain or shine. My current bikes are 2013 Yamaha WR250R\X & a 2014 VStrom 650. The Strom is my work bike and the WR my play bike. I have owned or ridden nearly everything from a 1979 Kawasaki Z1R (New! Great bike just don’t try to turn…or stop) to 2007 Aprilia Tuono to 2014 KTM RC8. I can say with a straight face that the WR in supermoto form, tuned correctly, is the most fun you can have with less than 30hp! I love it.

2013 Yamaha WR250R
Warp 9 17” wheels, blue
Metzeler Sportec M7 RR (awesome on the street!)
Upgraded front pads, rotor and steel braided line.
7” Round Headlight (just because)
Acerbis short front fender
13\43 current gearing (Florida is flat & straight, had a 14\43 but it really made it boring) going to 13\45 next.
Lightweight shifter (Driven)
FMF Fuel Programmer (a must)
K&N Filter
Air box mod
2 Bros Slip on (loud even with power tip), Delta 4 Header wrapped.
All emissions crap gone or bypassed
All needless weight stripped. Last weigh-in was 271lbs.
Fork air bleeders
Flatlands skid plate.
Pro Taper contour
Pro Taper mounts with 12mm riser (spacers)
Spider Grips (love them)
Zeta gas cap
Seat Concepts and OEM seats
Fastway F3 Footpegs
Fender eliminator
Aluminum rear brake guard
Zeta chain guard
50 Stunt sliders or skate wheels (I like to change)
Zeta hand guards with integrated turn signals
LED rear turn signals
3 sets of plastics, white, black and blue, and now tie-dye! Fun with plasti-dip..:)
Money invested…don’t even ask!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts