SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Part num 58409060200

So after looking around for some one who has done this mod.
I could not find any post making it clear why does it say on the KTM power page that this rotor wouldn't fit.
So after not finding any info related to it...
I went ahead and did the "what a hell" move and purchased it anyways.

So as they claim on their web page.. guess what? It didn't fit. hoho.
the floating plugs are to thick so they wont go thru the Adapter.
So easy fix i grab my old school sander machine and VOILA!
it only took me about 90 sec of work and 1.5mm less of aluminum off the back part
of my adapter.

Rotor runs like OEM and the bite its form another world.
this Rotor is 4.5mm thick i cooked the wrap 9 that came with my wheel. Only after and HOUR of mountain riding over Telluride, CO.
Btw i hate the bite on the wrap9, that sucka its to thick 5mm, this caliper its designed for 4.5mm.

so anyways for those who are looking for a 320mm Rotor because aren't willing to spend money on a whole new Front Break set up for $800++
KTM 320mm Front rotor and 320mm Brembo adapter. Kick ass combo for only $350
and ull go over the handle bar if not careful.

It wont ever be seeing on a race track but its def better that the stock 270mm and the wrap9

Hope it helps, and no one gets upset.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's very solid piece, I completely trust it with my life. Only con is the weight because material is quite thick. I have not compared it to the 320mm ktm part, but the 310mm magura should be a lot lighter.

Price is relative, for us in EU oem ktm costs 238€ + 70€ for the adapter is a lot more than 160€ for the chinese caliper disk set.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought this cheap chinese http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OVER...9994292QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Drop in, but I think you'll have to loosen the caliper or brake pads to take the wheel off. At least I had to. Worth the money, but sure oem is better.
yeah thats the problem with the 320mm but only takes 10 min.
to get it all mounted

i would not pick a china made Front rotor. Maybe to put on a 30mph top speed scooter... but on my Tard i get up to 90+mph so there is no way jose. (i have a baby boy to take care of)
plus that china made its 5mm thick so u will notice that the feeling on your caliper its to stiff. basically u touch the lever and the response its way to quick & aggressive wile with the 4.5mm thickness u will get that progressive feeling.

its only $250 for the KTM one on KTM-PARTS.com
and $99 for the 320 Brembo adapter....
ill say bang for the buck.
Remember that if you sing up on their page they gibe u % of discount on your purchase:clap:

China made its like the wrap9 i had on before.. big pice of S. never cooked a rotor in an hour. and that one did.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Price is relative, for us in EU oem ktm costs 238€ + 70€ for the adapter is a lot more than 160€ for the chinese caliper disk set.
euro boy here as well dude ;) I know parts around here come a bit more expensive but I still wouldn't cheap out and go china to be quite frank... dealt with enough china made parts like that to know what they're worth, usually not even the money you pay for it. :headshake

·
Registered
60 Posts
My biggest problem has been that the rotor never gets up to operating temperatures in casual street use and feeling is quite vague unless you really give it some heat. Track and other use is ok, plenty of power and feel to me. Now that you mention it, this might be because it is too thick (haven't measured it though). At first I thought it was due to the massive size and weight. I really like the thin oem disks which give awesome feel even offroad, but of course they are not really suitable for supermoto.

I will try the ktm 320mm non-floating rotor in with my offroad wheels because once you get used to powerful brakes, it's hard to go back. I haven't got one yet, but I was under impression that it is quite thin?

Btw I don't think ktm allows the shops to ship overseas.

e: would part no 75009060000 fit as well? It's a lot cheaper for some reason. What other options are there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My biggest problem has been that the rotor never gets up to operating temperatures in casual street use and feeling is quite vague unless you really give it some heat. Track and other use is ok, plenty of power and feel to me. Now that you mention it, this might be because it is too thick (haven't measured it though). At first I thought it was due to the massive size and weight. I really like the thin oem disks which give awesome feel even offroad, but of course they are not really suitable for supermoto.

I will try the ktm 320mm non-floating rotor in with my offroad wheels because once you get used to powerful brakes, it's hard to go back. I haven't got one yet, but I was under impression that it is quite thin?

Btw I don't think ktm allows the shops to ship overseas.

e: would part no 75009060000 fit as well? It's a lot cheaper for some reason. What other options are there?
I think its because this rotor is non-flotating, is cheaper..
but its only $50 bucks or so... and if u are spending in EU the difference should be even less..

just make sure that if u are using the OEM Brembo caliper. Don't go thicker than 4.5mm

here some good alternative options to the OEM.
http://www.motostrano.com/moflrora.html
http://www.motostrano.com/brstro.html
http://www.motostrano.com/moecosubrdi.html

my advice, always pick Floating rotors.

or u will affect the feeling significantly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the part number for the caliper adapter

I was just curious, I purchased sumo wheels and the front has the same rotor as you mentioned at the start of your thread. I have a 2010 530 exc and was wondering if all i need is the adapter for the stock brembo calliper.

the bike you made the modification for is it a 530 exc??

What is the calliper adapter part number i need.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
265 Posts
can you post up the part numbers? so i can be sure im ordering the right parts. i have a set of dna's coming soon and i still dont have a 320 rotor or bracket.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hold on a second, something doesent quite look right. Either you have a 16.5" wheel or your rotor is 310mm. A 320 fills up the wheel a little more. I have what I thought was a 320mm disc. Turns out it's 310. Looks just like yours, but with a black inner. It's a Braking rotor, OEM for a 2005 Husaberg (KTM).

Measure it please, and prove me wrong. 310mm is just under 12-1/4". 320mm is just over 12-1/2".

Regardless, it's cool you got your brakes sorted out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FuckI'm old,, engaging in a two year old discussion. Anyway, that is/was a 310mm rotor in that pic.
I have the exact same rotor as the one pictured above same part number (58409060200 ktm part#)and all. It's a 320mm. I just measured it and it actually measures 319mm but my measurement tool could be off. I don't know where you get 310mm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts