SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my first opportunity today. Rode out to a country store on the Husky, good stop and bikers frequent on weekends. Sick of riding alone, I asked 2 guys on sporties which way they were going. Not squids, they were in gear and probably about my son's age. Blah blah, we agreed to riding back together for a while. I'm thinking to myself "this should be interesting" So i totally lost them in the first mile, tight, leg out shaded roads. I wasn't too surprised on that stretch. Waited at the turn, and the first guy says "My buddy is a newb" OK :headscrat but you're not.........

Later got into some nice fast flowing sweepers and lost sight of them pretty quick. Met up at a split point and they went another direction. The newb was always bringing up the rear, so the other guy was trying to hang on I think:lol:

Well that's my story and it was an amusing day.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I love it when the SM's win....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Had my first opportunity today. Rode out to a country store on the Husky, good stop and bikers frequent on weekends. Sick of riding alone, I asked 2 guys on sporties which way they were going. Not squids, they were in gear and probably about my son's age. Blah blah, we agreed to riding back together for a while. I'm thinking to myself "this should be interesting" So i totally lost them in the first mile, tight, leg out shaded roads. I wasn't too surprised on that stretch. Waited at the turn, and the first guy says " My buddy is a newb" Ok :headscrat but you are not....

Later got into some nice fast flowing sweepers and lost sight of them pretty quick. Met up at a split point and they went another direction. The newb was always bringing up the rear, so the other guy was trying to hang on I think:lol:

Well that's my story and it was an amusing day.
In bold is the part which is not so hard to understand at all but it seems you have missed something. The first rider was not going to leave his friend behind to mix things up with you, had nothing to prove and wanted to care for the other rider who is new to riding which is the same thing I would have done. So in the end you did not drop any sport bikes in the twisties, sorry. :D Kind of a lame story really...LoL!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In bold is the part which is not so hard to understand at all but it seems you have missed something. The first rider was not going to leave his friend behind to mix things up with you, had nothing to prove and wanted to care for the other rider who is new to riding which is the same thing I would have done. So in the end you did not drop any sport bikes in the twisties, sorry. :D Kind of a lame story really...LoL!
Maybe so, only the other dude really knows. But you can't hold a newb's hand laying back. If you ride "just" above his pace, it's like dangling a carrot out in front of a rabbit. I think it's better to be out of sight.

I ride with a buddy who bought a liter bike for his first bike. Sometimes we ride together, and then it breaks up in the technical stuff. That's where we each ride our own pace. Always wait before a turn. Is that wrong:hmmm: I just have trouble slowing down when the fun begins.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was riding deals gap yesterday for the first time on my drz and I went to make a U turn before the overlook due to warnings of the law man up ahead and my lack of a tag, anyways I glance over my shoulder to see a guy on a sportbike in full gear following my turn. I grin and take off again, I watched him in my bar end mirror awhile to see if he was keeping pace. He was so I stepped it up and I swear the next time I looked back he wasn't there :D. Maybe he just stopped but for the sake of the story I ll chalk it up as a SM win :bannana:

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must have been out by Shelby Forrest. I am going to get out that way some day and I will get intouch with you. Actually say a KTM and 2 DRZ's riding at Pickwick this weekend and I sure wish I had mine but spent all weekend on the lake with the kids. Cool story, I have done the same thing on Ral-Lagrange Rd.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You must have been out by Shelby Forrest. I am going to get out that way some day and I will get intouch with you. Actually say a KTM and 2 DRZ's riding at Pickwick this weekend and I sure wish I had mine but spent all weekend on the lake with the kids. Cool story, I have done the same thing on Ral-Lagrange Rd.
Shelby Forrest, yep. PM me when you want to ride, I'm always game.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Had the gap to myself tonight. Except for the two locals on "sportbikes" that literally shook the ground on the way by me at about a buck-twenty! Try keeping up with that. Not gonna happen.......

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have a funny one for you.

I was at the Gap with TJ, a day bfore the Gap rally. Just me and him. I am fat and out of shape. So I can haul ass up to the overlook, then I cruise down.... LOL. Thes 3 sportbike guys pull up. One has a full kit on. The other two, were on some old ass SB's. They were listening to our conversation. Mostly about TJ coming by me on a wheelie on the way up, and us laughing about it.

Then the so called "fast" guy goes "I'd like to give you a try, to see if I can keep up". I just cruised down and I kept them in sight. Tj had to stop 4 times. Just to keep 'em behind them. When we got to the store, I though they were gonna give him a blow J they were on his nuts so much.

·
Registered
603 Posts
That's why ya' keep a sportbike :D
Yes, that may be true, they are bad to the bone, but the gap is not the place for one, really. In fact, at about eight last evening, as the guy with the thousand will attest too, not a good idea at all. I happened to be sitting next to the local nurse that helped put his foot back on in the operating room last night……. I had a thousand GSXR. An 06 kicking out 162 at the rear wheel, and when I took it through the gap, I spent more time trying to stay off the throttle than on it. Love my motard!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, that may be true, they are bad to the bone, but the gap is not the place for one, really. In fact, at about eight last evening, as the guy with the thousand will attest too, not a good idea at all. I happened to be sitting next to the local nurse that helped put his foot back on in the operating room last night……. I had a thousand GSXR. An 06 kicking out 162 at the rear wheel, and when I took it through the gap, I spent more time trying to stay off the throttle than on it. Love my motard!
I'm in agreement with you. I would much rather ride my tard through the gap as well as many other roads. And, be faster on it. On the other hand, the sporbike shines in it's element.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm in agreement with you. I would much rather ride my tard through the gap as well as many other roads. And, be faster on it. On the other hand, the sporbike shines in it's element.
I have to agree with you on that one. I do miss the sweetness of that engine. Even if it was more than I needed, or could ever really use to its full extent... It was soooo fine of an engine….

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have to agree with you on that one. I do miss the sweetness of that engine. Even if it was more than I needed, or could ever really use to its full extent... It was soooo fine of an engine….
You had a k6 1k? me too. Jesus, they will never make a bike like that again

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lose them all the time in the turns on my v max. They won't even play with the sm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts