SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the dealer finally got the bike running like it should for those that read my thread a few weeks back. Long story short there was a crap load of dirt in the tank. Not from me but from the previous owner. Bike ran like a champ finally for a good 800 kms.

Having said that, I sold her and am going a different route. Need something more for the highway...

I'll be back, thanks for the input. I think in the near future I will be building a wr450x!!!

Im also selling my wings exhaust as I had it left over since the bike came with a fmf. Anyways here is the link in the for sale section.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/show...r-KTM-690-SMC-2008-2010&p=1294552#post1294552

Cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
wait wait wait...

a wr450 is more highway friendly than a 690? or are you swapping your 690 for a street bike and building a wr on the side?

because theres no such thing as a 450x :D unfortunately.

youll come back to the motard side when you realise youre making a mistake!

have fun pal lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I'm gonna buy a wr and build it into a wr-x

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
oh crap dude.... im mega bummed to hear this news! so pissed that it had to come to this!

enjoy your new ride and start a build thread on the wr450x!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh crap dude.... im mega bummed to hear this news! so pissed that it had to come to this!

enjoy your new ride and start a build thread on the wr450x!!!! :thumbup:
Hey no worries Dave. Thx for the support mang! The worst thing about this whole deal was that I missed out on 2 month of riding, still can't believe it. But I have no one to blame but myself.

It's all good, just a learning curve. Bike was def the most fun that I have been on yet! Would of kept it if my road trip craving wouldn't have gotten the best of me. I found a smokin deal on a duc streetfighter s. I'll post up some pix when I get it.

And the WR will hopefully be a project over the winter.

Ok, well, have happy days and come back to check on us here when your bored!!
Oh I'll be hangin out here quite a bit. Love following the builds and the vids people post!

Cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well Whopazz1 thanks for the nice Wings exhaust :D!! Received it just before lunch and and just like a kid with a new toy, I immediately installed it during my lunch break. It looks great & sounds great!!

BTW, great guy to deal with.

Cheers!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Whopazz1 thanks for the nice Wings exhaust :D!! Received it just before lunch and and just like a kid with a new toy, I immediately installed it during my lunch break. It looks great & sounds great!!

BTW, great guy to deal with.

Cheers!
No problem, thanks for the kind words. Glad you're enjoying it!

Cheers :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts