SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you watch real closely and listen at the 0.02 second mark his kickstand clicks the pavement. That upsets the rear which also upsets the front. As for line choice if you watch further into the video he may have been a little to early for the "turn in"and about the point of where the bike comes to rest looks to be tha apex of the corner if you follow the yellow stripe in my opinion. But from watching other rnickymouse vides that could be a double apex turn as well.
Lots of action on that corner. Some folks do it well and others get it way over their heads.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Granted, in the second part of the clip his line is better. Also it seems to me that the road is off-camber on the 'uphill' lane.

But come on, he was virtually on the line. If another rider had been coming down/ round the corner - BANG.
If he was on the correct line, when he came off, he would have fallen into his own lane rather than the oncoming one.
If you watch real closely and listen at the 0.02 second mark his kickstand clicks the pavement. That upsets the rear which also upsets the front. As for line choice if you watch further into the video he may have been a little to early for the "turn in"and about the point of where the bike comes to rest looks to be tha apex of the corner if you follow the yellow stripe in my opinion. But from watching other rnickymouse vides that could be a double apex turn as well.
Lots of action on that corner. Some folks do it well and others get it way over their heads.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I just got back from Malibu, saw this video, and realized this is the same guy we were talking to today at the Rock Store. Seemed like a cool guy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
His line was off from the start for that corner, to tight on the entry and stayed bad through out. The backing it in attempt on the way back down made no sense to me at all. We all learn from making mistake and luckily he did not get hurt.

·
Registered
500 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^i agree the line the guy is using is pretty worthless. the other thing is i am convinced that tarmac is sabatoged on that turn. everyone gets crossed up on that turn its abnormally common. As for the cop chase clip rule of thumb is if a cop has is sirens on he just wants you to get out the way and is most likely not after you. they usually creep up on you and then turn on there sirens if they want u. i pooped myself when a cop did that to me and then just passed me so i learned that way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Apparently none of you guys have ever done anything wrong on your bikes, the way that you're criticizing this guy. You must have been born knowing how to back it in.

I still don't see anything wrong with his line, why wouldn't you take the inside of the corner again?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I just got back from Malibu, saw this video, and realized this is the same guy we were talking to today at the Rock Store. Seemed like a cool guy.
Yeah, don't hate on a fellow junkie, he just made a mistake.

I saw the video the other day just as it was posted. I can't see it at work because youtube is blocked but I know which one you guys are talking about. (I love rnickeymouse and subscribe) I didn't hear the kickstand, but his front tire definitely lost it on the paint stripe with the limited traction that paint gives. You can see the skid marks start on the paint.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Apparently none of you guys have ever done anything wrong on your bikes, the way that you're criticizing this guy. You must have been born knowing how to back it in.
Well my mom tells me I slid out butt first, so yeah.. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts

I still don't see anything wrong with his line, why wouldn't you take the inside of the corner again?
just incase you thought i was tryna hate on him
i wasnt :)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
No it's not a chase, read the description of the video.
:lol:
I've never read the description for that vid.

I didn't hear the kickstand, but his front tire definitely lost it on the paint stripe with the limited traction that paint gives. You can see the skid marks start on the paint.
I doubt it was the kickstand, but I could definitely hear and see the peg touching.
But I don't think that really had much to do with it. Like what Zaph said, just hit the paint and down he went.
The first turn I have to make, leaving my work, has unusually thick lines indicating a cross walk. When it's wet, my bike tends to slide across the majority of the lane. Once I get on the throttle, the back tire spins up like a pin wheel. Incredibly slippery.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think it was the peg, (watch close) if you have to much weight on it or your boot gets caught between the peg and case when it hits the road, it can unload off the back tire and cause a slide ( it has happened to me twice, leg out now, no knee) but it looks like the front slid out first.

It almost looks like when the peg hit he jerked or hit that hard and then lost it, can't really tell, been in his shoes, then you slow down for the next 3-4 turns and wonder what happened.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts