SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know in new to the whole sumo thing but I just wanted to know if what I'm experiencing is normal. I've had bikes since I was 4 years old and had some pretty mean sportbikes over the years. I've done close to 200 mph and rode 4th gear wheelies on liter bikes putting the front wheel down over 160.

I've also been a dirt rider for as long as I can remember doing hills most people won't even think about. People I ride with think I'm crazy. I'm not the fastest but their ain't much I won't try and if i dont make it the first couple tries I will get it done before I ride away.

All that being said...

Jumping my ktm on the street and generally riding places not meant to be ridden on a streetbike and riding slow wheelies down main street on the sidewalk makes me...

Feel fucking awsome!

I kinda lost the adrenaline feeling along time ago. This little dirtbike with street tires got me that good ol, I'm not suppose to be doing this feeling back.

·
Registered
564 Posts
your first few words make you sound more like a moron than a hooligan. i dont mean to sound like a dick, but i dont come on here puffing my chest about doin 200+ on a streetbike, because... well.... its just fucking retarded... anyone can go that fast in a straight line. glad you made the wise choice like i did and stepped away from the streetbikes and put my ass on something slower and a hell of alot more fun.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your first few words make you sound more like a moron than a hooligan. i dont mean to sound like a dick, but i dont come on here puffing my chest about doin 200+ on a streetbike, because... well.... its just fucking retarded... anyone can go that fast in a straight line. glad you made the wise choice like i did and stepped away from the streetbikes and put my ass on something slower and a hell of alot more fun.
Learn to read ****. I said almost 200. 200 plus is very hard to achieve.

·
Registered
849 Posts
For what it's worth I've hit 170+ on my ZX on the French Autoroutes. That's head on tank and things are flying up faster than you have a lot of time to think about. Esp my mate up ahead when he throttled off. It's surprising. Sitting up slows you down faster than you imagine. Maybe I'm a **** too but I can't see pulling the front up let alone landing the front at those speeds. Or perhaps I'm just a shit rider.

I don't think the first response was completely disrespecting your post, I just think the guy was trying to say chill, we've all had experiences and congrats for getting an SM.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I know in new to the whole sumo thing but I just wanted to know if what I'm experiencing is normal. I've had bikes since I was 4 years old and had some pretty mean sportbikes over the years. I've done close to 200 mph and rode 4th gear wheelies on liter bikes putting the front wheel down over 160.

I've also been a dirt rider for as long as I can remember doing hills most people won't even think about. People I ride with think I'm crazy. I'm not the fastest but their ain't much I won't try and if i dont make it the first couple tries I will get it done before I ride away.

All that being said...

Jumping my ktm on the street and generally riding places not meant to be ridden on a streetbike and riding slow wheelies down main street on the sidewalk makes me...

Feel fucking awsome!

I kinda lost the adrenaline feeling along time ago. This little dirtbike with street tires got me that good ol, I'm not suppose to be doing this feeling back.
Whats your first name???? I think you just described my life!! :thumbup::clap:

There seriously hasn't been a time in over a year and a half of swinging my leg over my motard that the front wheel has stayed on the ground for a single ride. I love jumping, wheelies, stairs, everything that I know you shouldn't be doing on a motorcycle on the streets.... I find myself doing all the time!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Learn to read ****. I said almost 200. 200 plus is very hard to achieve.
Ok.. calm down internet tough guy. Calling me a **** because your a retard that pulls wheelies at 160 supposedly isn't exactly helping out the douchey title you gave yourself. Like I said. Glad you smarted up and got a supermoto. But if you were looking for rep due to bragging, I think your in the wrong place. Most riders that are actually half way decent don't come onto a forum and try to stroke their own cocks off let alone their ego's. So chill out... smoke a bowl... whatever it is you do to relax. And welcome to the most amazing sport under the sun.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok.. calm down internet tough guy. Calling me a **** because your a retard that pulls wheelies at 160 supposedly isn't exactly helping out the douchey title you gave yourself. Like I said. Glad you smarted up and got a supermoto. But if you were looking for rep due to bragging, I think your in the wrong place. Most riders that are actually half way decent don't come onto a forum and try to stroke their own cocks off let alone their ego's. So chill out... smoke a bowl... whatever it is you do to relax. And welcome to the most amazing sport under the

Same as before... Learn to read, then learn to type.

I don't know anyone that can pull the front wheel up at 160 but putting it down at the end of 4th gear is not a big deal.

I'm getting off topic. I'm not bragging or trying to. All I'm saying is in the somewhere in the 22 years I've been riding I lost the rush of riding. And now I feel it again. Quit being a badass on the interwebs and if you don't like my post stay the fuck out of my thread. I'm not here to fight with some kid on the computer. I'm hear to learn about motos and to connect with non douch bag grown ups that have the same intrest as me.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
:headshake

·
Registered
184 Posts
The attitude comes with the bike.

I didn't even realize it when I bought my bike as a commuter. What a frikkin blast. I'm cutting through parking lots, down the side of rr tracks over medians, doing wheelies. Nothing but fun.

I also have a BMW R1100RT.

I can get in more trouble on this little bike.

David

09 KLX351SF

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't even realize it when I bought my bike as a commuter. What a frikkin blast. I'm cutting through parking lots, down the side of rr tracks over medians, doing wheelies. Nothing but fun.

I also have a BMW R1100RT.

I can get in more trouble on this little bike.

David
I'm for sure gonna get in more trouble with this thing. It's almost like I'm looking for stuff to get into.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I just retired from riding sport bikes this year, my K7 1000 is being stripped of her Ohlins suspension this week and is being pick up in the next few weeks. At 50 year old and riding a supermoto has made me feel like a kid again, great bike for hunting down squids and we will not talk about the other things I have been doing on this bike...:D

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I just retired from riding sport bikes this year, my K7 1000 is being stripped of her Ohlins suspension this week and is being pick up in the next few weeks. At 50 year old and riding a supermoto has made me feel like a kid again, great bike for hunting down squids and we will not talk about the other things I have been doing on this bike...:D
:laughingr Hell Ya .

·
Registered
78 Posts
At 50 year old and riding a supermoto has made me feel like a kid again...
I'm 45 and ditto. It's the feeling you had when you were a kid riding your minibike up the street before dad came home, hoping he wouldn't find out and whip your ass for it. It's like you're getting away with something.

I've had bikes from HD to GSXR, and nothing has been more fun than this lowly DRZ.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm 45 and ditto. It's the feeling you had when you were a kid riding your minibike up the street before dad came home, hoping he wouldn't find out and whip your ass for it. It's like you're getting away with something.

I've had bikes from HD to GSXR, and nothing has been more fun than this lowly DRZ.
You guys get what I'm saying.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My DRZ in SuMo trim is a blast in ways that no sport bike could be. Open garage, hop on, and raise hell from the moment I leave my driveway (and sometimes even before). It's the cheapest/easiest way I can think of to have fun on two wheels (because track days and racing on my sportbikes is just WICKED expensive!).

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
ok, ok.....let's keep the name calling off the thread please....for those those that need a reminder....No Flaming Allowed...

·
Registered
98 Posts

Feel fucking awsome!

Cool. Just curious, where in West Virginia do you live? I'm in Fairmont, I ride a motard but it isn't super, and I don't see race-ready supermotos around here, nor do I see guys going up and down flights of stairs on a dirtbike.

I gave up my sportbike a couple years ago, and I haven't once regretted it. I couldn't possibly take advantage of that power with my low testosterone level. The non-super motard I have is just the right bike for me.

It's all about finding what you like best - part of the Adventure in riding.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool. Just curious, where in West Virginia do you live? I'm in Fairmont, I ride a motard but it isn't super, and I don't see race-ready supermotos around here, nor do I see guys going up and down flights of stairs on a dirtbike.

I gave up my sportbike a couple years ago, and I haven't once regretted it. I couldn't possibly take advantage of that power with my low testosterone level. The non-super motard I have is just the right bike for me.

It's all about finding what you like best - part of the Adventure in riding.
I am at the top of the north panhandle. 30 mins north of wheeling

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am at the top of the north panhandle. 30 mins north of wheeling

That is crazy I live near the Weirton area in a little town called Wellsburg. Once I get plates on my bike hopefully this week we need to get together and raise a lot of hell.

You too Tigerboy my cousin lives in Fairmont so I know where that is as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts