·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any one ???

·
Registered
514 Posts
I can't comment on that stuff, but I run 10WT fork oil in the Magura setup on my Husky and haven't had any issues with it.

Also you shouldn't have to bleed because the hydraulic clutch is a contained system.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't comment on that stuff, but I run 10WT fork oil in the Magura setup on my Husky and haven't had any issues with it.

Also you shouldn't have to bleed because the hydraulic clutch is a contained system.
i guess ill go to my local store and pick up some fork oil then thanks:)))

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fork oil works great. 5-10 weight range.
thanks i just called my shop and they have it in stock ... which is better 5 or 10 thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had some 7.5, so that's what I used. I would go with 5 if you're going to buy it.

great thats what ill get , another thing is, do u have any idea why i lost clutch feel ???all i did was change the clutch ...but i did read some where that after changing the clutch u have to bleed the system but i couldnt find the link
again ..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Like Ash said, the hydraulics is a contained system down to the slave cylinder. If you never broke the system, something isn't right with the install. Push rod would be a place to look.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Another thing, these can fool you if the bike isn't running. If you haven't already done so, crank the bitch up and see what it does.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
..i guess it did fool me then cause i didnt start it yet ...so with the bike off u wont feel anything ..i hope this is the case , after work im heading there through the storm to test it out :))

·
Registered
432 Posts
I lost clutch power all of a sudden on my SMC. Apparently it's common with the Magura systems. I had to change my slave cylinder O-ring, flushed new fluid and bleed, no problems since. When my clutch failed, I had lost fluid in the m/c resevoir and noticed bubbles in the fluid when I pulled the lever. The slave cylinders do vary by model.
I picked this fluid up at Carquest. It retails for close to $20. It's a full synthetic hydraulic / mineral oil for clutch and power steering systems on VW / Audi / Porsches. Figured if it was good enough for them, it was good enough for my KTM. :headscrat

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I lost clutch power all of a sudden on my SMC. Apparently it's common with the Magura systems. I had to change my slave cylinder O-ring, flushed new fluid and bleed, no problems since. When my clutch failed, I had lost fluid in the m/c resevoir and noticed bubbles in the fluid when I pulled the lever. The slave cylinders do vary by model.
I picked this fluid up at Carquest. It retails for close to $20. It's a full synthetic hydraulic / mineral oil for clutch and power steering systems on VW / Audi / Porsches. Figured if it was good enough for them, it was good enough for my KTM. :headscrat

i didnt know u can replace the o ring cause i just replace my old save a few months back ..good to know :)))))) i got fork oil weight 10 cause i couldnt find 5 weight :( nore 7.5 ,,,,

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any luck? Is the clutch working now?
not yet as my bike is about 40 min from where i live ( sucks to live in a city ) im gonna try and get to it tonight if its not raining again ....:((( but ill update when i have some news , good news i hope :)))

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not yet as my bike is about 40 min from where i live ( sucks to live in a city ) im gonna try and get to it tonight if its not raining again ....:((( but ill update when i have some news , good news i hope :)))

update that problem is fixed but i have another now ..

so i took every apart again , measured all disks and everything is in spec ..started bike worked fine for a min or 2 and then when the bike is not moving is hard to shift but when moving its fine ...what do u think is wrong???? ...i tightened the spring to spec 8nm

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts