SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Repsol People, I have migrated from the Kawasaki side to ask for some advice. Im looking for a cheap 125 dirt bike project, and i found a 2001 Cr 125 for $400 neg , heres the words from the ad.
needs top end rear shock rear fender inner clutch basket clutch cable twist grip n cable n forks gotta be put bak on their just sittin n there just put a 300 dollar hotrods cank in it if interested call 224-xxxx thanks mite trade watcha got?

Am i getting in over my head? I dont plan on selling it. Even though the person doesn't sound to bright, im thinking of giving it a try, what do you guys think?
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
sounds like a decent parts bike , but there no telling what else is wrong and what missing , I'd pass in your situation . You can get a decent running bike for under a grand if you look around to start with - unless your feelin lucky .

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
I wouldn't touch that thing with a stick:headshake Sounds like some hoodrat that tried to fix up a stolen bike. Why put a new crank in it, and then not put the thing back together? Does he mean it needs a "New" top end?, or is there no top end on the bike...if it's the latter, you will be in $4-500 for OEM cylinder, head, pistin, rings, gasket, etc.

I bought my 02 CR 250 for $350...the bike was complete, it needed new main bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts