SuperMoto Junkie banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lads, ok so i wanted to buy a smc r 2015, but where i live (in kenya) none are available. So im buying the 690 enduro r 2015 which is available. Sumo set up will happen shortly. Im about to purchase the sc project exhaust for it. Now im wondering if the smc r exhaust and the enduro r exhaust are the same?? I ask this because on the website of sc project they only show the option for the smc r 2014-2015, and enduro option uptil 2010 or so. Nothing is written on forums and websites if the exhaust wil fit from one to another. If anyone could please help me out otherwise im going to make an expensive mistake. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello lads, ok so i wanted to buy a smc r 2015, but where i live (in kenya) none are available. So im buying the 690 enduro r 2015 which is available. Sumo set up will happen shortly. Im about to purchase the sc project exhaust for it. Now im wondering if the smc r exhaust and the enduro r exhaust are the same?? I ask this because on the website of sc project they only show the option for the smc r 2014-2015, and enduro option uptil 2010 or so. Nothing is written on forums and websites if the exhaust wil fit from one to another. If anyone could please help me out otherwise im going to make an expensive mistake. Thanks in advance for any input.
I think you can check it in the "KTM Spare Parts Finder".
http://sparepartsfinder.ktm.com/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think you can check it in the "KTM Spare Parts Finder".
http://sparepartsfinder.ktm.com/

Thanks for the link. It says enduro r is part number: c157650510 and smc r is:c157650512.

Does that mean that if i order the smc r sc project exhaust it wont fit on the enduro r? I wrote an email to sc project and they said it would fit. But is that just them wanting my money and not caring if it fits?

Ok so i double checked on that spareparts finder website and when i select smc r it brings up duke parts i think as the picture in the background show a duke instead of the smc r. So maybe thats why...?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the link. It says enduro r is part number: c157650510 and smc r is:c157650512.

Does that mean that if i order the smc r sc project exhaust it wont fit on the enduro r? I wrote an email to sc project and they said it would fit. But is that just them wanting my money and not caring if it fits?

Ok so i double checked on that spareparts finder website and when i select smc r it brings up duke parts i think as the picture in the background show a duke instead of the smc r. So maybe thats why...?
I have no idea about the part finder thing.

I recommend you write an email direct to KTM to get sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I asked them the same question months a go and never got any answer. I had SC Project silencer in my Ducati Hypermotard and liked the looks and quality.

Wings should also be a good option in the same price range. http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html?page=range
Note that 2014-> models have a different silencer mounting bracket compared to earlier models.
http://690enduro.createaforum.com/airbox-pipes-and-programmers/wings-exhaust-review/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked them the same question months a go and never got any answer. I had SC Project silencer in my Ducati Hypermotard and liked the looks and quality.

Wings should also be a good option in the same price range. http://www.wings.si/ver3/index.html?

page=range

Note that 2014-> models have a different silencer mounting bracket compared to earlier models.
http://690enduro.createaforum.com/airbox-pipes-and-programmers/wings-exhaust-review/

Where did you get your smc r wheels from? Im looking at toxic racing. They seem to have very good prices. Just dont know if they ship internationally. Why are the smc r rims so damn expensive?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have oem ktm smc r wheels. Bought them from official ktm dealer here in Finland. It was the "cheapest" option ( no import duty / tax). Still quite expensive!
I have been trying to find an aftermarket front brake rotor that would work with abs-rings and it looks like ebc has one that would fit. It's ment for ktm 990 Adventure ABS, 150 €. Brembo is 350 €. Abs rings you can get for 50 € / pair from ktm. Rear rotor is cheaper. Having brake rotors for supermoto wheels would make the swap easier and faster. I'm using both wheels and I have studded tires for Winter (18" / 21").

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have oem ktm smc r wheels. Bought them from official ktm dealer here in Finland. It was the "cheapest" option ( no import duty / tax). Still quite expensive!
I have been trying to find an aftermarket front brake rotor that would work with abs-rings and it looks like ebc has one that would fit. It's ment for ktm 990 Adventure ABS, 150 €. Brembo is 350 €. Abs rings you can get for 50 € / pair from ktm. Rear rotor is cheaper. Having brake rotors for supermoto wheels would make the swap easier and faster. I'm using both wheels and I have studded tires for Winter (18" / 21").

I have been checking out oem smc r wheels but quite damn expensive. Toxic racing supply the warp 9 wheels and are customized and they say its a complete kit with tyres and kush hub, abs rings, spacers etc. And i pay like 1300 us dollare excluding shipping. So trying that and hoping the import duties wont kill it. Have you maybe got a link for me for thise tyres in finland? Its worth me having a look at. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't have any direct links these products are not listed in any website. Me and my friend, who also has 690 Enduro, sent quotes for few KTM dealers. We got little discount for buying two sets of wheels. We also contacted directly Warp 9 but considering shipping costs and import duties and delivery time ended up getting the wheels from local dealer.

Here is some interesting reading for you: http://tonymorris.github.io/blog/posts/ktm690-enduro-smc/index.html
Looks like Warp 9 rotors didn't have any recess for abs rings. I hope they have changed the design since.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do NOT buy the SC Projects exhaust. I bought it and it sounds terrible. It's not made for a big single cylinder thumper. It also doesnt look good and sticks out quite far in the back... above the tail. After having the SC Projects for a month I couldnt handle it anymore. Any slightest acceleration sounded like crap. I ordered the Wings exhaust and it looks and sounds way better. Its shorter and tucks in nicely! Best decision I made!
Do yourself a favor and go with the Wings!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do NOT buy the SC Projects exhaust. I bought it and it sounds terrible. It's not made for a big single cylinder thumper. It also doesnt look good and sticks out quite far in the back... above the tail. After having the SC Projects for a month I couldnt handle it anymore. Any slightest acceleration sounded like crap. I ordered the Wings exhaust and it looks and sounds way better. Its shorter and tucks in nicely! Best decision I made!
Do yourself a favor and go with the Wings!
Thanks for your feedback. It seems your probably the only person who doesnt like the sc project. I have spoken to many riders who do have the sc project and they all seem to love the exhaust. Loud is a good thing for where i live. Ofcourse the akra sounds better but thats because price tag is almost triple. I received the sc yesterday so no going back. Might upgrade to akra in a year or so once i have saved up again. Just bought the 690 enduro r 2015 and going to convert soon to sumo. Thanks gor the replys. And had already read your thread before. Been doing lots of research the last 2 years but couldnt find anything on exhaust size difference between smcr and enduro r.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No worries. Post a pic when u get it installed and let us know how u like it.
I thought there was a guy who said the same thing I was saying on my thread about the exhaust.
I dont mind loud! The wings exhaust is loud! Its the tone that bothered me. It has this really high pitched slap that sounds terrible especially in the city where I ride. That slap just echoes like crazy.. quite comical actually.. haha
I did notice my SC Projects having a mark on it when I uninstalled it after only a few months. It had a black stain which looked like something was leaking out of it. It was coming out the seams of one of the ends of the main body part (cant remember which side) where they have those rivets.... Maybe it was a defective exhaust in which case I would blame the build quality and not buy another for that reason..
I'm pretty sure nobody would have enjoyed the sound of my SC Projects so I hope you got a good one and it sounds right!

Enjoy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No worries. Post a pic when u get it installed and let us know how u like it.
I thought there was a guy who said the same thing I was saying on my thread about the exhaust.
I dont mind loud! The wings exhaust is loud! Its the tone that bothered me. It has this really high pitched slap that sounds terrible especially in the city where I ride. That slap just echoes like crazy.. quite comical actually.. haha
I did notice my SC Projects having a mark on it when I uninstalled it after only a few months. It had a black stain which looked like something was leaking out of it. It was coming out the seams of one of the ends of the main body part (cant remember which side) where they have those rivets.... Maybe it was a defective exhaust in which case I would blame the build quality and not buy another for that reason..
I'm pretty sure nobody would have enjoyed the sound of my SC Projects so I hope you got a good one and it sounds right!

Enjoy
Ok so i have another question. Im about to convert the enduro r to smc r, but i have been trying to find if the front fender of an enduro and smc r are the same....?????? If they are the same great. If not, where can i find the front fender? Part number would be amazing. Reason i ask, i have a graphics kit and dont want to stick my graphics kit on the enduro fender if the front fender needs to be swapped out for the sumo conversion. Thanks in advance lads.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok so i have another question. Im about to convert the enduro r to smc r, but i have been trying to find if the front fender of an enduro and smc r are the same....?????? If they are the same great. If not, where can i find the front fender? Part number would be amazing. Reason i ask, i have a graphics kit and dont want to stick my graphics kit on the enduro fender if the front fender needs to be swapped out for the sumo conversion. Thanks in advance lads.
Do you have problems using the KTM spare parts finder because of the missing part numbers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Whitekenyan, did You buy any slip on for your bike?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts