SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really want an fs 570, but am still a bit worried about it not being realistic for commuting. If the fs 570 were your only bike for the street would you have one? I'm having a hard time deciding whether i want something that's gonna be a bit more maintenance intensive or just go for a 690 duke. I know the fs 570 will be more fun, but am not sure at what cost. any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Maybe we should have a sticky thread in this forum for info on the 570.. Seems like there are alot of people looking at or buying the FS in the last few months...

I commuted on mine for about a year and half? Maybe more; not sure. It was great. I changed the oil every 10 hours of engine use... Thats it. I had my motor apart the other week and the internals all look as new. The piston was perfect. The valves won't budge if all you're doing is commuting. Get em checked once when new, maybe check em every 25 hours after that... They won't need adjusting though. I know in my area, Husabergs have had a reputation over the years for going 'bang', mostly down to user error Im sure.. but the ****** motor is very reliable.

If maintenance is a major concern then look towards a 690 or Husqvarna 630 or a lowmaint DRZ-400 / XR400.

Wolfe's right though.. fuckit. Get the bike that you want!!! :thumbup: :arsenal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that's good to hear from someone who has been doing commuting on it. that's definitely reassuring. proooobably just gonna have to get the 570 now. Thanks for the Info!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe we should have a sticky thread in this forum for info on the 570.. Seems like there are alot of people looking at or buying the FS in the last few months...

I commuted on mine for about a year and half? Maybe more; not sure. It was great. I changed the oil every 10 hours of engine use... Thats it. I had my motor apart the other week and the internals all look as new. The piston was perfect. The valves won't budge if all you're doing is commuting. Get em checked once when new, maybe check em every 25 hours after that... They won't need adjusting though. I know in my area, Husabergs have had a reputation over the years for going 'bang', mostly down to user error Im sure.. but the ****** motor is very reliable.

If maintenance is a major concern then look towards a 690 or Husqvarna 630 or a lowmaint DRZ-400 / XR400.

Wolfe's right though.. fuckit. Get the bike that you want!!! :thumbup: :arsenal

What he said!
I have a 570 and a 630, I like the 630 more as a commute bike but the fs570 kicks its ass on the track.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have 570 as my only bike. Not a single problem with the bike so far @ 55h and approx 3500km's. Checked valves 3 times, no need to adjust yet. Changed oil every 5h because I only ride hard.

It's super easy to maintenance once you have worked a couple times with the bike.
Tank gets pulled out in less than 5mins, rear shock drops in 30 seconds and so on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 570 as my only bike. Not a single problem with the bike so far @ 55h and approx 3500km's. Checked valves 3 times, no need to adjust yet. Changed oil every 5h because I only ride hard.

It's super easy to maintenance once you have worked a couple times with the bike.
Tank gets pulled out in less than 5mins, rear shock drops in 30 seconds and so on.
that's great to hear, i expected them to need to be adjusted alot more than that. And ill probably be changing the oil every 5 hours to, ill most likely be ripping around most of the time to. How do you find highway running on it, is their much head shake, and also how are the vibrations up around 80?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And also, what size wheels and tires are you guys running. Is their lots of clearance for say a 55inch wheel and 165 or 170 rear tire?

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
And also, what size wheels and tires are you guys running. Is their lots of clearance for say a 55inch wheel and 165 or 170 rear tire?
Stock size tires run well on the under 5 inch wheel. Remember that DOT tires and race tires are measured totally different and will not measure even close to the same size with air in them and mounted on a wheel.

Race tires and street DOT are not the same carcass.

Torque Monster for a bit ran a 5" wheel and I believe a 170 rear Dunlop with not a problem, he does now though have a KTM SMR swinger and a 5.5" rear carbon wheel. Clearance on those it not a issue at all.

·
Premium Member
2,469 Posts
Torque Monster for a bit ran a 5" wheel and I believe a 170 rear Dunlop with not a problem, he does now though have a KTM SMR swinger and a 5.5" rear carbon wheel. Clearance on those it not a issue at all.
I'm running a 5", but a 5.5" would fit tight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea i will just be getting some dot street tires for now, wont be racing it at first. probably just stick with a 5 inch then.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
im running a 5.5 rear with a 160 tire, i get a little chain slap, next tire swap im going to shim the rear sprocket and countershaft out an 1/8 of an inch to help clear the tire and rim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts