SuperMoto Junkie banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a question that I'm not sure where to look at. I've been wanting to race supermoto for awhile, I've had a small amount of experience with motocross but Ive always been interested in supermoto. Me and my dad have a 1994 yz250 2stroke, but Im not sure if there's a class for 250? All I ever see are people with 450's. I'm in olathe, kansas and would probably attend in Oklahomas race series next season. So to finally ask the question, is my bike too small to actually race? I guess I should include the fact that I'm 6'5" and 190lbs

·
Registered
172 Posts
You could race a 250 2 stroke and be competitive. 4 strokes are easier to ride fast, but it can be done on a 2. I have a 450-4, but there often 250-4's that race in my class, an even a fast little bastard on a 150-4 that raced in my class. We only had 1 class for full size supermoto's with unlimited displacement.

I say do it. Worst case: you don't win... Which doesn't mean much cause its not like there's any money to be had. I think no matter what, you'll have a blast, and become a better rider.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree that 4s are better for racing, I just don't really have the money to go out and get a 450 or a 250-4. unless someones willing to trade:rolleyes: But still though thanks guys, I don't mind losing as long as I get to ride a bike im happy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Browsing this site for a while has taught me that you can have fun racing just about any size bike. I think it's like people who buy and race a Mazda Miata. There are a ton of other options that are more powerful and faster, but not many that can put a smile on your face like that little car can. Take what you have and drive the piss out of it and I'm sure it'll be fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts